The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: clam plate 8 inch gear box recall  (Read 24748 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: clam plate 8 inch gear box recall
« Reply #120 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:24 AM »
69.00 on the sticker, they may have been discounted tho, they were shutting down our hardwater section most of whats left out is discounted at this point

Think those Clam Gear Boxes will go up in price next season based on RR&D&D (ReRedisigned  & Development & Distribution ) so purchase discounted box and send it back for recall .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Feb 13, 2017, 12:18 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the price went up when they start selling them again...

<°)))>{

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Feb 13, 2017, 12:29 PM »
Think those Clam Gear Boxes will go up in price next season based on RR&D&D (ReRedisigned  & Development & Distribution ) so purchase discounted box and send it back for recall .

Not a bad idea, should go snag those two up haha.

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #123 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:35 AM »
I received my replacement gear box. Anxious to try it out with Milwaukee and Nils 8 in.  The extra products that came with the new box were a really nice touch. Even though the origional box had issues, Clam handled this really well from my perspective. Hope the new box works as well as the Customer Service on this issue.  Good job Clam. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #124 on: Feb 16, 2017, 11:26 AM »
I received my replacement gear box. Anxious to try it out with Milwaukee and Nils 8 in.  The extra products that came with the new box were a really nice touch. Even though the origional box had issues, Clam handled this really well from my perspective. Hope the new box works as well as the Customer Service on this issue.  Good job Clam. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

did they send you am email with confirmation that it was shipped or did it just show up?

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Feb 16, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Not a bad idea, should go snag those two up haha.

Something to think about, might be worth it.. I paid $62 for mine and ended up with over $100 Clam gear... The hoodie alone is worth it...

Glad they're getting it straightened out!!!

<°)))>{

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #126 on: Feb 16, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Something to think about, might be worth it.. I paid $62 for mine and ended up with over $100 Clam gear... The hoodie alone is worth it...

Glad they're getting it straightened out!!!

<°)))>{

yea i looked again at the pic i took of them sitting there and they are reduced to $52.49

Offline lynng

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #127 on: Feb 16, 2017, 02:51 PM »
did they send you am email with confirmation that it was shipped or did it just show up?

No email. It just showed up.

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #128 on: Feb 16, 2017, 03:18 PM »
No email. It just showed up.

Thanks man... its like watching ice melt.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #129 on: Feb 17, 2017, 07:36 PM »
So......anyone think the milwaukee fuel 1200in/lb brushless drill on a clam plate with a gear box could maybe run a 10in nils auger?

Be perfect setup for the wheel house.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Feb 17, 2017, 08:06 PM »
So......anyone think the milwaukee fuel 1200in/lb brushless drill on a clam plate with a gear box could maybe run a 10in nils auger?

Be perfect setup for the wheel house.

After running my rig, and everything everyone says about how easy Nils turn, I think it's entirely possible..

There is also that Ice Kicker rig, with a 2.5 to 1 ratio, just a lil more oomph..

<°)))>{

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #131 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:37 PM »
FINALLY! i received a confirmation email that the replacement has shipped and should arrive Friday, just in time for summer! haha glad i will have it ready for next season.   

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Feb 28, 2017, 07:52 PM »
FINALLY! i received a confirmation email that the replacement has shipped and should arrive Friday, just in time for summer! haha glad i will have it ready for next season.

Yeah, I'd like to have been able to run mine a lil more too..

Good luck with it come November (I can hope)..

<°)))>{

Offline whiteyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #133 on: Mar 05, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Finally got my replacement gear box in the mail yesterday. Took a while to get it. Hopefully these new ones will work good. I wonder when the warranty starts on the new ones. Ice season is done for me so no testing till next ice season.

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #134 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Finally got my replacement gear box in the mail yesterday. Took a while to get it. Hopefully these new ones will work good. I wonder when the warranty starts on the new ones. Ice season is done for me so no testing till next ice season.

yea id be curious about that too, just opened the box here on my end. Nice to see its aluminum cased. seems a bit heavier too. time will tell...

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #135 on: Apr 01, 2017, 05:34 PM »
I scored a new style clam gear box on ebay.

3.35lbs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.