The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together 2018  (Read 17969 times)

Offline bigghut

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm bringing donuts and box of joe. :tipup:

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
This is it guys!!!  Can't wait to see who all shows up!!!  It's going to be a fun day!!!   :woot: :woot:   :tipup:  :icefish:  :thumbsup:
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We arrived at 8AM.  South launch lot had more vehicles in it than I had ever seen at RV.  I don't know who all made it out from here on Ice Shanty, but we sure had fun today!!!  As always it was so good to see Digger953 and cooljordan (even though April wasn't there)!  It was nice meeting a few fellow Ice Shanty kin including tokyo and bigghut and even a few friends (who should be on Ice Shanty) who came out to join us on the ice!!!  And it is always great to get out on the ice with my son, gfisher95 and the best friend a guy could have, walleye2009!  Plenty of donuts, coffee, burgers, bacon, jerky, bologna, chili and ice cold beverages were consumed!!!  If you left hungry, it's your fault!!!  Some nice fish were caught, and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.  As I said, we got there at 8AM, I finally punched a hole around 2:30!!!  Food and friends on the ice!!!  If anyone has any suggestions for a location for next year, post them on here.  I will post the suggestions on a new thread for everyone to vote on. 

Offline Fisherman671

• IceShanty Rookie
Was planing to go but was not able to get any one else to go along. How was the fishing? Did you have a good day. Will try to get there next weekend to do some fishing. 2 hour drive. Will try to get to the next one if you have one.

Offline Slappy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gettin' jiggy with it!
Agreed...it was fun and nice to meet everyone. Fishing could have been better. Glad the rest made up for it.

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I would have liked to meet and eat more with the guys but so hard to leave fish when we were slamming them gills and perch

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
Anyone have any pics to post?

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have pics but know idea how to post sorry

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
We arrived at 8AM.  South launch lot had more vehicles in it than I had ever seen at RV.  I don't know who all made it out from here on Ice Shanty, but we sure had fun today!!!  As always it was so good to see Digger953 and cooljordan (even though April wasn't there)!  It was nice meeting a few fellow Ice Shanty kin including tokyo and bigghut and even a few friends (who should be on Ice Shanty) who came out to join us on the ice!!!  And it is always great to get out on the ice with my son, gfisher95 and the best friend a guy could have, walleye2009!  Plenty of donuts, coffee, burgers, bacon, jerky, bologna, chili and ice cold beverages were consumed!!!  If you left hungry, it's your fault!!!  Some nice fish were caught, and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.  As I said, we got there at 8AM, I finally punched a hole around 2:30!!!  Food and friends on the ice!!!  If anyone has any suggestions for a location for next year, post them on here.  I will post the suggestions on a new thread for everyone to vote on.

i say hills creek for this years get together
usally has good first ice
nice and open to have a get together
motels close by for anybody that wants to spend a weekend
tackle shack is close by for bait
what more could you ask for?????

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
I 2nd that!
I hope they bite better then they did yesterday :%$#!:

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together 2018
« Reply #130 on: Jan 02, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Who would be interested in having a get together this year.  It looks like mother nature is going to bless us with some really good ice this year across the ice belt and we should be able to hold one anywhere.  Does anyone have any ideas of where you would like to have it?  Who would be willing to host the event?  I can't do it this year.  I might be able to attend, but I just don't have the time to put into it right now.  Lakes we have had it at over the years include Montour Preserve, Rose Valley 2 times, Bald Eagle State Park and Walker Lake.  We hadn't had a get together in a few years, so I put it together last year in hopes of getting it going again, now it's up to YOU!  Who wants to step up and keep it going?   

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:14 PM »
Two days and nobody responds....

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:29 PM »
I would like to see someone put it together I only have been to one that was last year.

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #133 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:31 PM »
This is the reason I gave it up. Lack of response. I say give it a week to see if anyone's interested and if not F#$@ it.

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #134 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:39 PM »
I would attend if it worked out with my schedule and if it actually goes down.  Had a good time last year.

Offline hawgchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Jan 12, 2018, 11:13 AM »
I'd be interested in a get together.
You can't get them from the couch!

Offline Coltsrock4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #136 on: Jan 15, 2018, 02:30 PM »
I would be down

Offline MitchellIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #137 on: Jan 15, 2018, 10:41 PM »
Anyone do this SW PA?

Offline Gr8britton

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish on!
« Reply #138 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:53 AM »
I'd be there in a heart beat...With derbies and the tournaments I haven't been able to make a meet and greet but this year things are slow so I'd be more than happy to show up....Derby on hills Creek this Sunday the 21st.....

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Jan 16, 2018, 10:10 AM »
People want a get together, but nobody has stepped up and said they would put it together.  I guess that means we won't be doing one. 

Offline Fat Boy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Mason-Dixon - Crappie beware!
« Reply #140 on: Jan 18, 2018, 02:40 PM »
I think with iffy ice conditions that past few years, it's tough for people that come from far away to commit to being there.  Maybe we're a bit gun shy.  But, if we decide to have one, and I'm free, then I will try and make it.  I haven't attended one since we had that one on the Pack.  It would be nice to see everyone again and also meet people that I have yet to fish with.  My only issue is that the next two weekends, I have family plans that limit me somewhat.  So I have to kind of see what develops here before committing.
Kevin Wilson
http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Don't Leave Fish to Find Fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.