The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together 2018  (Read 17971 times)

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together 2018
« on: Dec 13, 2016, 05:34 PM »
It's been a few years since we had our last get together and it's time to talk about doing it again.  I've been to them at Rose Valley, Montour Preserve, Sayers and Walker Lake.  If anyone lives close to another fun lake to fish with ample parking and would like to head it up, let me know.  If anyone would be interested in reviving our old get together, speak up.  I know it was always something that I looked forward too, and was usually a real highlight in the season for everyone.  I think we could do it at Walker again, simply because the last one was there and we ended up open water fishing instead of ice fishing.  If we get some positive responses to having it, I will start making the arrangements.  I really hope to hear from all of you!!! 
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline Jason1817

• Team IceShanty Regular
I would love to attend.

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
I would try to make it.

Offline hunt2much

• IceShanty Rookie
I would be in for that. still consider myself a rookie for sure. To learn from a seasoned group would be great!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I was thinking about heading out that way this year to Hunters lake or Rose valley. Don't know where the other lakes are, but if they're not far from Hughesville, I might be interested(if the date works for me). I have a buddy that lives in Hughesville, so I would probably stay at his place overnight.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Where are these lakes located, I never heard of them before.

Offline skipper4080

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hi George
              Been a long time since we had one of those, if we had it at Sayers like the past, I would come, haven't seen a lot of people in a while. not to mention you haven't seen you in years.

Never get excited there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is??

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
I was thinking the same after seeing "The Gathering" post in western PA.  I have a foggy memory of attending a get together a few years back on the Paupack.  I'm definitely interested in doing this again.

Offline hawgchaser

• IceShanty Rookie
I would attend if it was at sayers. Even a bad day there is still pretty good.
You can't get them from the couch!

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
I would love to attend.

count me in george you know ill be there ;D
we had a blast at the last one even if though there was no ice

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would love to attend one of these. But most of the lakes mentioned. Are like 5 hours away in good weather.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Happy to see some responses!!!  Seems like everyone likes Sayers.  I'll get in touch of some guys from out that way and see what we can do. 

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sayers gets my vote.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I just googled Sayers and found it. Little bit further than I had planned to drive, but if the weather is good and the date works for me, I just might make it. Looks like my buddy in Hughesville is a little over an hr away, so might stay overnight at his place.

Keep us posted. Thanks.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
I would be interested in this.  Sayers is a decent lake and can catch fish, but the crappies are tough to get the legal ones so they changed the rules on the lake this year.  You can only keep 10 crappies and of the 10, only 5 can be above 9 inches.  Nez

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'll try to be there depending on the date, Sayers is one of my go to lakes that I like to take the grand kids, you can usually catch fish there and that's what keeps them interested.......

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We will have to plan it for a weekend when there is no Panfish League tournament.  As soon as I get their schedule, we will pick a date. 

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
heck ya ill be there

Offline rlusk3030

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Treehouse
I'd be in please let us know.

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
We will have to plan it for a weekend when there is no Panfish League tournament.  As soon as I get their schedule, we will pick a date.

Dont have to worry about that this year. Only one tourny scheduled and thats on RV.
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Dont have to worry about that this year. Only one tourny scheduled and thats on RV.

True, and I don't think the tournaments draw that big of a crowd, anyway.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
OK.  I talked to Greg and he said that they are only doing two NEPL Tournaments this year.  The one at Rose Valley and the Spud Memorial.  Both events are in February.  How does January 21, 2017 sound for a get together on the cut at Sayers sound?  I will need to know by Dec. 30th so I can request off work.  Hopefully this date will be good for most of you.  Those who are planning on attending please post ASAP, and if you are willing to bring a food item to share.  I will of course be bringing a large pot of chili, and my propane stove to keep it hot all day. 

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
Jan 21 works for me, I'll have to double check with the war department to make sure nothing else is going on here.  I would say I'm 85% in. 

Offline Newberry Kid 218

• IceShanty Rookie
I work every other weekend but if I'm off ill be there. Id bring the wine but the flash flood in October wiped out my whole basement and destroyed all my vino !

Offline skipper4080

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jan 21 works George
Never get excited there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is??

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
Officially got the green light, I'll be there.  I'll definitely bring something to eat, I'll continue to monitor and fill a need, whether it be a desert, side, or entrée.  Might make this an overnighter considering the drive (3-ish hours).  Leaving the option open to share the cost of a room if I end up flying solo.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
I should be able to make it, Will bring something that is needed.  Will need to identify a place and time.  Nez

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Sounds like a good plan. Whose up for scalloped potatoes with bacon cheese and chives?
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
Sounds like a good plan. Whose up for scalloped potatoes with bacon cheese and chives?

You had me at bacon...sounds awesome!

Offline Uticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
Never fished it but if there's ice I'm down

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.