The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gonna be working in the area looking for a fishing partner in new Richmond  (Read 680 times)

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
Working by New Richmond Wisconsin looking for someone who wants to fish possibly on a weekend or maybe just a few pointers I have all my own gear just looking for somebody to point me in the right direction or wants to fish thanks guys
Dry side of the ice

Offline jiggalo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another great day to be alive!
There are a TON of lakes in and close to that area that are very good...Wapogasset, Big Round, Bone, Balsom etc. etc. If you go on the WI DNR website and look up Polk and St. Croix counties there should be a bunch of information for you :tipup:
Every day is a good day it's just some days are better than others

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
Witch would be the best to start at.   Walleye....perch??  Easy to get on.  Being that I have to walk out.
Dry side of the ice

Offline jiggalo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another great day to be alive!
Any one of those lakes have good access to pretty good spots within walking distance. Another handy tool is a Wisconsin Gazetteer, which is basically a county by county map book, to help you find the access points.
Every day is a good day it's just some days are better than others

Offline frostymug

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm just a bit south of you and have never been to Cedar just north of New Richmond. This year I'm planning on trying it out. There are plenty of cribs and access points. Tons of species to fish there also. When I went to tech college up there is seen plenty of people ice fishing by the airport towards the east side of the lake. I also agree with other post about polk county. I primarily fish the county due to lakes being so close to each other. Check out www.spfg.org/maps/ that will show crib locations for cedar, bass, and glen lakes. If you would like to get together let me know. Me and a few buddies could always use another buddie out on the ice. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.