New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Major Ice Fishing Show returns to New York State  (Read 5016 times)

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
Major Ice Fishing Show returns to New York State
« on: Dec 10, 2016, 02:12 PM »
After missing for many years, Ice Anglers in NYS and across the North East including Southern Ontario will be able to enjoy a major Ice Fishing show January 20 - 22, 2017. No need to drive the 500+ miles to attend a major Ice Fishing Show, Clam & Thorne Bros are bringing the show to us. Check out the NE Region Ice Jam at the Greater Niagara Fishing & Outdoor Expo this January (www.NiagaraFishingExpo .com)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Major Ice Fishing Show returns to New York State
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2016, 03:06 AM »
Seems odd that the show would be so far into ice fishing season. Should have been pre-Christmas. I may take a ride anyway.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2016, 07:08 PM »
The reason that it is being held in January as it is part of a much larger Fishing show that already is established. This will provide for the numbers of Fishermen attending that make it worth while for Clam & Thorne Bros to load up their Semis with Ice gear and make the drive to NYS. Along with Exhibition area for all of the Ice Gear, the venue offers a large Seminar Room where Ice Team will be providing seminars throughout the 3 days of the event which should provide a sustainable Ice Fishing Show in New York State for years to come.   

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2016, 07:17 PM »
Another positive about a late January Show is that we are at the end of the "Ice Show" season and there will some great prices from Thorne Bros and others to clear out their inventory.   

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2016, 04:58 PM »
Will clam have the only shelters there to look at ?
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline paul97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2016, 03:47 PM »
where is this event gona take place

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:03 PM »
We expect that there will be other Shelters besides Clam at the show. However, we don't control what the Retailers will bring to sell but do expect there to be some non Clam Shelters for sale at the show.

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:08 PM »
The show is in Niagara Falls, NY this coming January 20 - 22. You can see all of the details at www.niagarafishingexpo .com including the very reasonable Hotel rates for those guys looking to make a more than 1 day event.   

Offline scott14580

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:41 PM »
I would think a major ice fishing show would be it's "own" ice fishing show. I know your trying to pump it up, but it just sounds weird.

Offline Jumbo315

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2016, 02:59 PM »
Should be good

Offline AriettaBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Think I'd rather fish than travel that weekend. Odd timing.

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2016, 11:08 AM »
As much as I would love to go, I'd rather be on the ice.  Definitely the peak of the season, bad timing. Too bad. :-\
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline Cgkevin324

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2016, 07:23 AM »
Can't wait to go.

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 26, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Over 5,000 square feet of the Conference and Event Center will be packed full of some of the most cutting-edge gear for the diehard ice fishing and winter sports enthusiast. You’ll find everything you need for above the ice, under the ice and getting through the ice – including fish houses, augers, underwater cameras, digital fish finders, custom rods, reels, tackle, accessories, apparel and new products all designed to help you stay warm, dry and CATCH MORE FISH! Talk to the Clam Ice Fishing Pros one on one about how they use these products to help make them more successful on the ice … and what products work best for you.

If you are trying to make buying decisions on ice fishing equipment and other accessories, this is the show to attend. It will offer you one of the best opportunities to save money on purchasing Ice Gear anywhere in the North East. You will not only see it, but you will be able to talk with some of the best in the business about their own personal experiences using it. No more talking to a clerk at a “big box” store or trying to figure it out over the internet. Best of all, you will be able to purchase it right at the show! The Expo will feature all of the new merchandise at a variety of price points to fit any budget. Whether you are an avid fisherman looking for a few new accessories, an experienced angler in need of an upgrade, or totally new to the ice fishing scene, you will find what you are looking for at this three-day event! Numerous Retailers will be at the show selling at “show special” pricing including Thorne Bros, the Ice Fishing Retail powerhouse from Minnesota.

Stick around and attend great seminars from Ice Team Pros including Dave Genz, Scott Brauer, Tim Moore, James Vladyka, Mandy Walker, Colin Town  and Maron Barraclough to learn tips and tricks that will help you to catch more fish this winter. A detailed listing of all of the seminar topics and when they are offered can be found on the Seminar tab on our web site.

In addition to the formal seminars, the Ice Fishing Pros will provide one on one instruction on simulated ice fishing tanks or just be available to talk ice fishing throughout the show with the attendees.

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2017, 12:46 PM »
The formal Ice Fishing Seminar schedule is now available at http://niagarafishingexpo.com/files/2016/12/Ice-Fish-Seminar-Schedule.pdf . These seminars are in addition to the ones for Beginners and Youth. Informal 1 on 1 instruction is also available throughout the 3 days of the show from the Ice Team Pros in attendance including the use of the Ice Fishing simulator tanks.  All of this is included in the admission to the show.

In addition to Ice Fishing, there are over 100 other "Fishing"  seminars offered during the show on Walleye, Perch, Salmon, Bass, Marine Electronics, etc which can viewed at www.niagarafishingexpo .com and then select the "Seminars" tab.

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2017, 03:41 PM »
I can't wait 2 miles from my house about the only good thing about living here

Offline NERegionIceJam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:55 PM »
Another reason to attend the show:

A Nanook Thermal flip-over ice fishing shelter will be given away by Clam Outdoors to a lucky attendee who registers at the Clam Booth during the show.

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:29 AM »
No need to drive the 500+ miles to attend a major

You should move this event to central NY.  For those of us who live in northern and eastern NY, it is almost 500 miles of travel when you figure your milage each way.

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2017, 09:26 PM »
You should move this event to central NY.  For those of us who live in northern and eastern NY, it is almost 500 miles of travel when you figure your milage each way.

Yup, Niagara Falls is a 5 hr drive for me.   :'(

That's a deal breaker especially since it's during peek season.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Has anyone been to it yet?   I plan on going tomorrow
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline BigT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2017, 12:03 PM »
I went opening day. There are a lot of things to see. They have different seminars going all day. Clam Outdoors has a 5,000 sq. foot display with everything for ice fishing. Had to wonder what they were thinking when I saw ice fishing rods for panfish going for over $100. Not a combo, just the rod. Lots of other vendors there with reasonable prices.

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 22, 2017, 06:35 PM »
I thought it was a pretty good show.  Sat for Dave Genz seminar - really good!  Down to earth guy who knows his stuff.  Learned some tricks and talked to him afterwards.   Very nice gentleman.   Thore Brothers staff was great and had some really good deals. Had to exit early and missed a great deal on Clam bibs I wanted   
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Were we at the same show? I thought it was a big disappointment. See my post on the main page.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Wish was closer and in a lull, like late march.

Offline caliking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GOTTA GET EM' WHILE THE WATER COLD THEY HARD.....
« Reply #24 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:17 AM »
Waste of time and energy to be honest. Not impressed with the overpriced products. Seminars were OK if u have no idea what you're doing. And to be an outdoor show it should have included a few more sections of the outdoors..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.