The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Looking like an early ice season  (Read 1160 times)

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking like an early ice season
« on: Dec 09, 2016, 05:01 PM »
little bummed that the open water seasons coming to an end as i'm pretty much just a bass fisherman, at least in open water, and everything in my area is gonna be  skimmed over in the next few days. I'm thinking that by next weekend there will definitely be some decent ice on smaller ponds north of worcester and just posting to see  if any jigging fanatics like myself or  anyone would want to make plans to try and get on some ice next weekend. I fish solo a lot but don't want to go out alone this early in the season so pm me if you want someone to fish with. Hopefully someone who knows the area because i'm in Northeast Connecticut and havn't fished any farther north than worcester so i don't know any places up there. I'll fish for anything early season just to get out and on the ice if it's over 3'' of good ice

Offline Flatland

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Looking like an early ice season
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2016, 06:43 PM »
PM sent

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:56 PM »
PM sent
Your pm didn't go through, i sent you one with my #if you want to text me but not sure if mine worked either. Just comment on my post if you want

Offline basst_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2016, 09:27 PM »
i love jiggin!

Offline SkunkLuvver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2016, 10:30 PM »
I hear there was a guy on a pond in Savoy yesterday. Fess up, who was it?

Big set of stones on whoever it was  :bow:

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2016, 08:10 AM »
I hear there was a guy on a pond in Savoy yesterday. Fess up, who was it?

Big set of stones on whoever it was  :bow:

Yikes, i'm sticking to open water south of me tomorrow but hopefully next weekend

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2016, 08:15 AM »
I was almost thinking about taking the boat out for pike and smallies tomorrow myself....Havent mothballed yet because I was crushing pike last year 10 december in 60 degree weather...

Jigging wise I am always game and had wanted to hit webster with you last year....maybe this year.

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2016, 11:11 AM »
I was almost thinking about taking the boat out for pike and smallies tomorrow myself....Havent mothballed yet because I was crushing pike last year 10 december in 60 degree weather...

Jigging wise I am always game and had wanted to hit webster with you last year....maybe this year.

Dang i wish we didn't live so far from each other, i wouldn't mind fishing out of the boat with you but i have church in the morning and probably won't make it out on the water until at least 10:30 if i stay local. Unless you wanna come fish webster tomorrow, might have to break through a little ice at the launch tho lol Lat year on christmas day i was out at one of my favorite local spots and got on a good school of smallmouth caught like close to 20 and best part was that i was fishing in a t-shirt by early afternoon. Sadly that ain't happening this year lol

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2016, 12:00 PM »
Ya I am "out there"  I think Im going to charge the vex rather than the boat batteries...I have ice fever.

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2016, 12:40 PM »
Ya I am "out there"  I think Im going to charge the vex rather than the boat batteries...I have ice fever.

Yeah i'd do the same if there was good ice close by but i only have to drive 30 min to where i'm gonna fish from the boat rather than probably a couple hours to where there's good ice if there even is any within a couple hour drive...  Good luck to ya and be safe!

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2016, 04:54 PM »
when the ice comes jon, id like to meet up with you for some pike fishin

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2016, 04:58 PM »
when the ice comes jon, id like to meet up with you for some pike fishin

Of course Bill. CT, Mass, NY or VT?  Sacandaga would be an outstanding spot to bring you to.

Offline sangell

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Went yesterday open water and not much action at all. Just placed all the open water gear in storage and getting rigged for the ice. Can't wait, hell of a cold streak here.

A few days ago I thought I'd look at what was going on last year which stunk.... The temperature was 59 degrees and year to date there was 19 heating days. Fast forward a year and it was 34 degrees and there were 32 heating days. Don't like burning oil but sure as hell shaping up for an early ice year. Awesome!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.