Author Topic: New Plainville bait shop: TAG's Tackle  (Read 1499 times)

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
New Plainville bait shop: TAG's Tackle
« on: Dec 07, 2016, 07:38 PM »
Just down the road from me in Plainville I found a great new tackleshop that happened to have bought all of Gary's old stuff& bait tanks. TAG's tackle is a good-sized shop located right across the street from relic brewing in the center of Plainville with a great selection of new and used equipment of all kinds: icefishing and open-water; and he makes it a point to keep shiners in stock in sizes ranging from pinheads to large with two additional sizes of giant golden shiners, as well as fallfish, and suckers. He also has spikes+ mealworms+ as a bait distributor: doesn't expect to be running out of bait at any point during the winter. As Tom the owner put it he wants to keep fishing "alive" at a time when many tackle stores are closing.-Most definitely worth checking it out!-

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Plainville bait shop: TAG's Tackle
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2016, 09:43 AM »
Yeah; definitely a really cool shop; Toms' a great guy& yes he wants to sponsor the meet+greet with on-site minnows of different sizes for iceshanty members at the location we choose (prob.Wethersfield). I'm sure everyone cant' wait for a good freeze this year! Especially after last winter!

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2016, 10:25 AM »
hey icechaser that sounds perfect! esp. the goldens and suckers. I capt. a poolteam out of Plainville and can hit that place just before for the weekend. Thanks for the heads up! I think I remember you from last seasons fall through the ice at hamlins. good bass in there!

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:05 AM »
Congrats and welcome aboard our new ct.iceshanty sponsor  Tag's tackle Box, He has a great selection of Baits as well as equipment.

Offline juan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • nothing better than ice fishing with friends
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2016, 06:35 AM »
Great prices on everything I met the guy great guy
nothing better than fishing

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2016, 06:48 AM »
Juan Tags is sponsoring our meet and greet at weathersfield cove. Going?

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Yeah; I hope everything locks up come new years'! This years' gathering is set to be the biggest& best!-I know EVERYONE'S excited about the upcoming ice season! I sure am.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2016, 08:04 AM »
your right about that Icechaser, after the dismull  yr we had last yr. hopefully we can have the meet &greet mid Jan

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2016, 09:52 AM »
I swung by Tags yesterday. Great shop. Tom has the place loaded to the gills with everything you could want/need. Nice bait tanks and selection. Can't wait to get some shiners and drill some holes. Nice meeting you yesterday Octane. I can't wait for the meet and greet!

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2016, 10:23 AM »
Nice meeting you as well, Tag's is loaded with stuff, He has a big delivery coming in tues with eskomo goodies, The meet and greet will be a great place to get to know one another,it sounds like it will be a very good turn out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.