The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fewer On The Ice?  (Read 1293 times)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Fewer On The Ice?
« on: Feb 06, 2006, 10:47 AM »
Is it my imagination or are there substantially fewer folks on the ice this year even where there is excellent ice?  I have noted last year there would be 25 vehicles and lots of folks with shanties and tents on our lake here in NE Wis. but this year hardly anyone in spite of 12 inches of excellent ice. We went out Saturday and there were only two other parties on a 2500 acre lake. I have heard reports that fishing in general and ice fishing in particular was falling off but is it that dramatic and why so. It is an excellent family activity and my grand kids love to go as do the dogs and all my buddies. I would hate to think that others will just no longer go but rather stay indoors and play on the computer. ???
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fewer On The Ice?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2006, 11:37 AM »
I think that it is just the goofy weather.  I think people have heard too many bad reports this year and don't want to take the perceived risk.  Besides I think too many people are getting into ice fishing now.  I like a little solitude.
Cheese Head

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.