Author Topic: 2016 Milwaukee Ice Fishing Show  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Chris Ossman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2016 Milwaukee Ice Fishing Show
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Hello,

Is it a good show?  I am thinking of going to it

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Thanks for the reminder, forgot about it. Hope to be there Sunday.
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2016, 06:45 AM »
Chris- I like it. The thing is you have to know your prices. Deals and no deals. Have been told by those that participate in the show. That the St Paul show is better. But hey for those of us around here. Any Ice Fishing Show is better than no show. jackpine-you are welcome sir.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Chris Ossman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I believe we will make the trip and check it out!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Well made it to the show yesterday. Had a real nice time. Meet some real nice folks. Picked up a few jigs that are hard to get around here. Still full from the prime rib at Wards!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2016, 09:25 PM »
This was our second time to the show.  We went the first year, missed last year then went this year.  In was really hoping that it had grown from the first year but found it to be no bigger, maybe even a tad bit smaller than before.  When you subtract the gutter guard, bathtub liner, contour pillow, cookware etc people, the hall was really about 3/4 full.  Subtract from that the huge amount of space that Clam takes up with non-retail space and the vendors were  actually pretty sparce.  We didn't really find much that could be classified as a significant deal really.  Some Ok prices, but nothing amazing.  Widow Maker lures had tungsten jigs 12 for $20, so I let the kids pick 12 apiece and I did the same, so that was $60.  One vendor had the ice strong titanium spring bobbers I wanted to try, by 3 for $20, get one free.  I bought 8 so add that $40 and I had a little plastic baggie in one pocket that cost me $103...LOL, so it wasn't like I didn't buy anything.  What we tend to appreciate is the smaller vendors with new products not available in the big box store.  I bought some refills of that clamp on slip bobber thingy I had bought a show before and really liked.  More than anything it was a nice time to get out of the house before good ice came to our area, but at $6 to park and $8 per ticket (I had the online coupon) the $38 I spent before walking in the door more than wiped out any savings for us.  We'll probably give it one more shot and if it doesn't improve, it will go on the "pass" list for us.

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2016, 09:30 PM »
Due to the snow I decided to stay home and help the wife put up the tree. Just did not feel like sitting in  slow traffic for a couple of hours. Next year.
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:10 AM »
Fran,  they need more of the small vendor guys like YOU there!!!   My guess though is that the cost of a booth plus the cost of being up there for 3 days far outweighs the profit you would make sharpening blades.  I have a feeling that is what is keeping the other small vendors away as well.  Of course the other "elephant in the room" is that since it is sponsored by Clam, they are also missing the other huge player in the ice fishing business, Frabill.  There was virtually NO Frabill products there at all, even at the vendors.  I don't know if that is a rule they have or what, but they were clearly missing.  Eskimo and Otter products were out, so maybe it's just coincidence, I dunno...

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2016, 11:31 AM »
Reeds was not there also. Plus the line for Thorn Bros was way to long. Agree more small vendors would be cool. Akara was there and that was cool. Icestrong was there with there spring bobbers.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.