The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Is the fleece lined shanty from Eskimo worth a darn?  (Read 577 times)

Offline Bmontey

• IceShanty Rookie
Is the fleece lined shanty from Eskimo worth a darn?
« on: Dec 04, 2016, 09:26 PM »
I currently have a 3 person Eskimo shanty. My family had grown since I bought it and u was thinking about replacing it with the fleece lined shanty. Any input would be appreciated.

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
Re: Is the fleece lined shanty from Eskimo worth a darn?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2016, 10:16 PM »
To new for me but my thermail 6 man works great Eskimo or clam. I've fished in both liked both warm and solid.
No one left behind.     

Offline kienkhang1205

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2016, 09:27 PM »
6 man eskimo thermal ice shelter have lot of room for 4-6 people to fish,, 3 of us fish and sleep in the tent all night with heater on.. didn't feel cold at all...

Offline LingEater

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2016, 03:49 PM »
I have the eskimo fatfish 949 insulated and I'm sure it stays warmer than the one that is not insulated.  However, it is certainly heavier and bulkier than the uninsulated model and it collapsed on me last year in a wind storm on Boysen.  I did not have each panel guyed out but the fiberglass poles bend easily and the screws are garbage.  Had I not been using ice climbing screws to anchor it I'm sure that the hut would have gone for a ride with me in it. I do like the size, and seams and material are of good quality, just don't get this one if you fish windy places.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.