Author Topic: finally got it  (Read 1531 times)

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
finally got it
« on: Dec 02, 2016, 04:16 AM »
was able to finally pick up new auger. got the new ION X.  cant wait for ice now, couldnt believe how quiet it was, 14 lbs lighter than my gas auger. it has an LED night light on it and reverse so i can push the slush down the hole and it comes with extension and rapid charger. many thanks to dave at festival foods/true value hardware in houghton for getting them in the store, (there are still 2 left in stock if any ones looking to up-grade)
da splake chaser

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: finally got it
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2016, 10:36 PM »
I think they should put a selection of outdoor gear there and they'd do good with it. And live bait. What was the price on the auger? I don't now if I could use an 8" auger again after being used to the 10". Did some auger testing a few years back with the original ion when my cousin worked at ardisam as an engineer in Wisconsin. Wasn't a huge fan of it but the new Ion x got me more interested. I think it will be the future of augers.

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2016, 03:27 AM »
you have the option to get a 10" bit with the ion. i  wish they had bait also, northwoods is so un-dependable. the hardware has a small selection of good quality rods and reels also.
da splake chaser

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Funny, I just sold my Jiffy gas auger today.  I too am in the process of getting the ION X.  Just got a flyer from Cabela's and read all about it.  I will shop around to make sure I get the best price, but Cabela's told me all I need to know about this brand and I want one.  I will get the 10" cutting option. 

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2016, 04:09 AM »
eskimo (the manufacturer of the ION)  has MAP priced the ION.  that means the minimum price is the same all across the country (this price is set by the manufacturer and agreed upon by the retailer to sell that product in their stores) lots of retailers have it out over the minimum price because its such a popular item. cabelas and gander mountain have it out at the same minimun price (set by the manufacturer). i payed the same minimum price at festival foods/ true value in houghton. but i did get the ion carrying case at a greatly reduced price  where as the big box stores wouldnt do any type of deal for me.
da splake chaser

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2016, 04:05 PM »
don.t forget the pictures in action  :thumbsup:

SnoHam13

Offline dalhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2016, 05:10 PM »
I got mine online for 569.00 free shipping no tax... best deal I could find.                                           http://www.profishingsupply.com/iceaugers/ionx_auger.htm

Offline dalhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2016, 05:15 PM »
forgot to mention, I got a free set of blades with it too...

Offline yooperdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2016, 05:20 AM »
i saw that offer at cabelas and bass pro shops for 569, but i wanted the 2016 "X" model, new model has reverse (no slush in the hole after drilling hole), LED light (i am out late often), new generation battery has 60 % longer run time, there were issues with the first geneeration batteries sometimes. was worth the extra 50$ to me to get the new model, amd to but it locally,if i ever have issues i can take care of it right here and not have to ship it back and wait for repairs.  good luck on the ice an be safe
da splake chaser

Offline dalhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:31 AM »
that is the x model... click on the link!

Offline dalhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:43 AM »
Not sure how long the sale will last... but I figure the blades are worth another 30 bucks... only took 4 days and I had it at my door. I know you already got yours Dave, but for those guys looking to buy one, This is the best deal I could find.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:53 AM »
Good luck with your new auger.

Offline GripNrip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2016, 09:30 PM »
If anyone is interested in the Strikemaster Lithium Lazer, they are on sale at Scheels down in Appleton, WI right now....    Retail is $599 and on sale for $399!!!! I just bought one! 1 Year warranty on the battery and 3 year warranty on the motor. Seemed like a no brainer to me!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.