The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Brainerd Area?  (Read 5885 times)

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
Brainerd Area?
« on: Nov 30, 2016, 08:29 AM »
So new to the site and the area I am in, anyone on here from the brainerd mn area?? Looking to find some ice fishing friends to hit the ice with this year!!

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Brainerd Area?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:09 PM »
I am in Nisswa. If the fishing gods ever let the lakes freeze I will be out every day.

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2016, 03:26 PM »
Should be soon gentlemen. Highs in the teens late next week down here in the metro. I'm sure it's going to be colder in your neck of the woods. Hope so cuz I'm going to the Ice Extravaganza for the first time this year.

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2016, 06:08 PM »
Sweet! I am located in pequot lakes right near lake sibley, I am trying to hurry and get my trailer ready for the ice! Hoping to have a decent permenant house this year finally! Give me a shout if you wanna get out on the ice, I am a contractor so my schedule can be easy to work with :) I am hoping for some good ice soon here with those teens coming!!

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2016, 09:15 PM »
I'm over near Aitkin. Hopefully it drops like a rock & we get some decent ice. I work during the week in St Cloud, but get home every weekend. I've lived there for 25 yrs & have yet to hit all the lakes within 20 miles of my house. Any Saturday works for me.

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2016, 04:23 PM »
I did a lot of fishing on sibley last season. It's a good crappie and spearing lake. Not many walleyes but I did manage a 32 incher in February out of there.

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish, therefore I eat
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2016, 10:41 PM »
I'm also in Nisswa. You'll find me on the smaller lakes close to town.
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first.

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2016, 07:15 AM »
Thanks guys hopefully we can connect on one of these lakes if we can get some ice!! Yeah I havent decided yet which lake I am going to put my permenant on yet sibley seems like the easiest choice but havent fished any of the lakes near me yet so trial and error lol

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2016, 09:10 AM »
I did a lot of fishing on sibley last season. It's a good crappie and spearing lake. Not many walleyes but I did manage a 32 incher in February out of there.

Dang thats a big fish out of that lake!! Im definetly ready to hit the lakes up!!

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2016, 03:29 PM »
I just wonder and worry about vandals and thieves with my permanent house. I hear Pelican gets hit a lot

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2016, 04:03 PM »
the bigger lakes like pelican and gull are hit a lot by vandals and thieves that is why I go to smaller lakes. Also leaving a small light on when you are gone makes people think someone is still in there and it cuts it down a bunch. I have never been hit but know many that have   :icefish:

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2016, 07:13 AM »
I'm in Baxter, and new to the area.  Well kind of new.  Been here since the end of last ice season.
Let me know if you want to get out sometime.   That goes for anyone.  I'm game to fish as long as I'm not at work.

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2016, 12:49 PM »
Would love to hit the ice with anyone give me a shout and we can hit the ice! Just need hole covers and sleeves and figure out my electrical deal out on my trailer and I will be set for my permenant!!

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2016, 01:17 PM »
Anyone have any ideas on cheap hole covers without paying 300 dollars for sleeves and covers.

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 03, 2016, 06:56 PM »
I use 5 gallon buckets and plywood. Nothing fancy but I'm not spending that kind of money either. When you buy sleeves and covers, what you're really buying is convenience

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Do you have a picture? shoot me a pic if you can would love to use that idea. 612 760 9225

Offline HardWaterHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2016, 11:25 AM »
I'm over near Aitkin. Hopefully it drops like a rock & we get some decent ice. I work during the week in St Cloud, but get home every weekend. I've lived there for 25 yrs & have yet to hit all the lakes within 20 miles of my house. Any Saturday works for me.
[/quote

JonPerry I fish the are near aitkin a few times a year maybe we could bump into each other]. I like to target all game species also trips to the quarry lakes.

tight lines :tipup: :thumbsup:
Fish all you can.

Offline pascooter94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2016, 06:58 PM »
I also live in Pequot  a few blocks away from the landing, can't wait to get the big house out but soon

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 06, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Would love to hit the ice with anyone give me a shout and we can hit the ice! Just need hole covers and sleeves and figure out my electrical deal out on my trailer and I will be set for my permenant!!

What sort of electrical problem are you having?

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2016, 04:14 PM »
Anyone have any ideas on cheap hole covers without paying 300 dollars for sleeves and covers.

What I do is leave the house up approximately 4-6inchs off the ice and drill all the holes then sit the house down  then clean out the holes... no need for sleaves that way.

Good luck  and welcome to I.S
Hard Ice

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 07, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Few of our local lakes are frozen over and the rest our close!!!. Will be out Friday morning.  :icefish:

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:04 PM »
I also live in Pequot  a few blocks away from the landing, can't wait to get the big house out but soon

Nice maybe will see you out there! If you see a black chevy and black trailer sitting in my driveway stop on by and say hi! lol

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:05 PM »

What sort of electrical problem are you having?

Not really a problem just getting it all wired up correctly before ice hits!

Offline pascooter94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 08, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Ok blue z71 truck green house in Alley off ash st

Offline bsenear86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 10, 2016, 11:38 PM »
Did you make it out yet? sibley has some people on it today

Offline pascooter94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2016, 09:10 AM »
No that work thing gets in the way, plus Christmas at in-laws next week

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Do any of you guys have issues with others on the ice causing trouble? I know the lake I live on and the one next to it there's atleast a couple people who seem to "own" the lake (which isn't possible, legally). I could rattle off random things that happen on other lakes I try like Sibley but wondered if you guys experience these things or am I jinxed?

Offline theborg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:47 AM »
I have seen a few people claim it is "there" lake. I usually just laugh at them. Since they think it is there's maybe we should hold a big get together right in front of there house ;D

Offline skogie1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:23 PM »
There's someone who fishes the lake I'm on and he claims in his own words "This is my lake, I'll do what I want. You have no right to be here." Coming from a person living 2 miles down the road in the woods.

Frankly I love bs'ing with people I see out there but some people are just weird

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2016, 04:02 AM »
Hey guys I'm planning on hitting pelican on monday  can anyone tell me what the ice is like over there ?
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.