The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Who sells big spool tipups??  (Read 602 times)

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
Who sells big spool tipups??
« on: Nov 28, 2016, 08:18 PM »
I'm in Dearborn Heights looking for tip ups with the larger spools... I know they call them 500 yard spools but they won't hold that much of larger lb test... I just hate the little spools... anyone know where to get any off hand... those cheap red ones at Walmart that are real narrow has the large spools but can't find those anymore

Btw looking for the flat ones, don't want round ones or the tall wood ones.. I know I'm being picky lol

Thanks

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who sells big spool tipups??
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2016, 12:13 AM »
Could check holdens deli is in milford mi..  or even lakes area bait and tackle.. their in wolverine lake mi.. that and gander mtn in novi michigan if you decided to make a day of it.. and come out this way..  I will take a look in holdens might have to buy bait at lakes area bait shop this week so will see what they have...I let you know before you head out this way I could also check wally world to in novi.. etc.. when I get a chance..

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2016, 09:17 AM »
I know MC Sports and Dicks have their stuff out and have the Flat styles with the 500ft spools.
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Thanks Guys... Dicks by my work in Canton sucks for Ice Fishing... They have a spool of line is about it lol

Outside of buying the $40 bigfoot one I cannot find em online either..... Please let me know about Holdens... I have to go that way this weekend anyway

thanks again guys

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Holdens does not got tip ups out or tip up line yet.. they got bait all they got is perch minnows and waxies for bait.. 

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:53 PM »
I'm not sure but I think the beaver dam tip ups have a larger spool. I'm just curious though. What are you targeting that you need 500 yards of line?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2016, 07:19 PM »
I think it 500 foot versus 200 like on thsee models from fishusa.Com seen at this hyper link below..

http://www.fishusa.com/product/HT-Enterprises-Deluxe-Polar-TipUps

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:22 AM »
I'm not sure but I think the beaver dam tip ups have a larger spool. I'm just curious though. What are you targeting that you need 500 yards of line?
pike.. but the200 yard spools is for like 8lb test... I like to use 25lb as I do fish for big pike but you can only get like 80 yards of the thick line until it starts to fall off the spool..with the 500 yard spool I can get an honest 100-150 yard of thick tip up line on those... I was spooled twice last year, luckily I was at the hole so I caught 1 and the other never Ate the bait enough,  he was still running... I also fish large dead baits and Swedish J hooks so it takes a bit longer for them to eat the bait sometimes

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:23 AM »
I think it 500 foot versus 200 like on thsee models from fishusa.Com seen at this hyper link below..

http://www.fishusa.com/product/HT-Enterprises-Deluxe-Polar-TipUps
thanks yes those are them... just found em on franks outdoors website as well... thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.