Author Topic: Dear Santa, what I want for Christmas is..........  (Read 1016 times)

Offline ATrexOnTheIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • WOMAN SEEKS LARGEMOUTH BASS
Dear Santa, what I want for Christmas is..........
« on: Nov 27, 2016, 01:49 PM »
I want an AquaVu 700 series underwater camera and a MoPod3 wireless remote controlled tripod please. Ok lets hear what ice fishing treasures you guys want for Christmas!

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dear Santa, what I want for Christmas is..........
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2016, 05:55 PM »
3 months of good hard ice!!!

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2016, 05:56 PM »
A good long season with little snow and wind. Although we do need the water.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2016, 05:58 PM »
ICE!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Nice and cold, no snow...

<°)))>{

Offline Johnnybasssss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2016, 09:45 AM »
Looks like we may have some ice making by Thursday next week. Lots of small ponds have Been having skim every morning

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Looks like we may have some ice making by Thursday next week. Lots of small ponds have Been having skim every morning

One of the early ice spots near me remains wide open despite it's elevation...it will be some time if the current weather pattern holds...

As far as wants go...probably will get a new nils, otter thermal pop up.  I may sell the flx28 just to try out an lx9....and I've been seriously eyeing a trailerable shanty because of the time and duration spent out of state on multi day trips...

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2016, 11:21 AM »
What most have already said. Don't need the electronics.

Just a nice long season with plenty of black ice. ;D

Offline That Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2016, 04:15 PM »
One of the early ice spots near me remains wide open despite it's elevation...it will be some time if the current weather pattern holds...

As far as wants go...probably will get a new nils, otter thermal pop up.  I may sell the flx28 just to try out an lx9....and I've been seriously eyeing a trailerable shanty because of the time and duration spent out of state on multi day trips...

I've been considering building one I found a 6x13 single axle trailer frame pretty light for first cheap was considering setting it up so I could put a 6x12 hub shelter on it to keep it light but have most of the perks of a hard side. I started fishing up north in the "area" you fish  a couple years ago and honestly would rather stay up there for the weekend than try to fish around here 4-5 hour ride after work Friday fish Saturday and Sunday morning and head home.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:59 PM »
I've been considering building one I found a 6x13 single axle trailer frame pretty light for first cheap was considering setting it up so I could put a 6x12 hub shelter on it to keep it light but have most of the perks of a hard side. I started fishing up north in the "area" you fish  a couple years ago and honestly would rather stay up there for the weekend than try to fish around here 4-5 hour ride after work Friday fish Saturday and Sunday morning and head home.

My thoughts exactly.  I love the idea of having a hardside but hate the idea of leaving it on a lake 4-5 hours from home to potentially be vandalized.  I saw a couple options in the 4-6k range that might be suitable, decent features and were under 5000lbs.  The only thing to consider if you build one is how to lower it to the ice? 

As far as taking the ice fishing outside of CT....CT has some decent ice fishing but in some aspects it cant compare to ice fishing outside the state.  For example...driving on the ice and using a towable hardside.

I like the idea of one of these:

http://customcottagesinc.com/hybrid.php 

Offline That Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 29, 2016, 07:20 PM »
My thoughts exactly.  I love the idea of having a hardside but hate the idea of leaving it on a lake 4-5 hours from home to potentially be vandalized.  I saw a couple options in the 4-6k range that might be suitable, decent features and were under 5000lbs.  The only thing to consider if you build one is how to lower it to the ice? 

As far as taking the ice fishing outside of CT....CT has some decent ice fishing but in some aspects it cant compare to ice fishing outside the state.  For example...driving on the ice and using a towable hardside.

The actual mechanism that you need to make a drop axle is really simple as long as you have individual hubs on leaf springs  and not a solid axle and as long as you can wed it's actually really cheap. I wasn't even gunna go crazy about making it a drop trailer at first and wanted to make it so I could put the quad on it to tow it up there take the quad off and unhook and hook up to the quad. Honestly you could fabricate one yourself for around 1000$ with the price of buying the frame.

And ya CT has some good fishing especially the fact that it is local. Would I drive here from another state to do it?. No. but for a hour or less ride most of it is well worth it. But as you said up north is just different the variety of fish generally the size of said fish and like you said driving on the ice. I drive a diesel f350 and is a little heavy for me to feel comfortable on the ice but mid size trucks no problem. been keeping an eye on the area up there I like and looks like I'll be making a trip in a couple weeks if the forecast holds even remotely. Let me know if you ever wanna meet up up there or down here. All but a couple of my buddy's b***h about the long ride up there it's hard finding guys that actually don't mind the ride for the fishing.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2016, 05:17 AM »
I am always down to take a ride for early ice so I'm sure we can make something happen. 

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #12 on: Nov 30, 2016, 05:54 PM »
ADK on Dec 26th for the week….Thats xmas

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.