The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: EVO1  (Read 1845 times)

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
EVO1
« on: Nov 24, 2016, 03:34 PM »
Got a new Eskimo EVO1  hope to get it out soon, seems easy to set up,  hope it does well in the wind, anyone else have one.

Offline sweth

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: EVO1
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2016, 04:04 PM »
Hey I'm interested in that shack but there are a few things that concern me. The biggest one being the ability to fit all my gear in the sled with all the extra material and poles. Any chance you could fill it with all your gear and get some pics?

Thanks

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2016, 04:38 PM »
Don't have to worry about the gear. No pics but everything fits fine. Bought mine last year before the thermal. As for wind just face the butt into the wind and your good. Never had to use the braces at all last year. Easy take up and down.
No one left behind.     

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:12 PM »
seems to be plenty of room in the tub.  got mine at gander mountain  good price  free shipping.

Offline sweth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2016, 06:24 PM »
Good to know. Hoping to get the opportunity to look one over in person before comitting...

Thanks

Offline Hegone47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2016, 11:06 AM »
I used my son in-laws last year at Wheatland 3 in strong winds it worked great.I like it so well I got home and ordered one.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2016, 06:47 PM »
It works great. I just recommend a runner kit for the sled or you will wear holes in it from dragging it around.
Don

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2016, 08:36 PM »
i bought some  but frabill is the worst company to order from  they sent runners and no bolts  to 10 weeks to get bolts  never buy from them again.

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2016, 09:46 PM »
Look into the wide 1 inferno a bit more money but durable and dosnt use the hub. Definitely use runners on the eskimo sleds. You can make some out of cut strips of black pvc pipe that last a long time.
Ezyjiggin101

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2016, 10:38 PM »
good idea with black pvc pipe, never thought of that

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2016, 11:14 PM »
I think i got a 8' pice of 3 or 4 inch and made enough for 3 runners on both sleds. Installed with 1/4 inch pan head machine screws with nylok nuts. Counter sink them a bit and use some silicone when installing.
Ezyjiggin101

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2016, 12:53 AM »
Think that pvc runner would work well for a Voyager tcx flip?

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2016, 07:12 AM »
Yes i dont see why they wouldnt. Just cut them to fit the high ridges on the bottom of the sled. I used a circular saw to make the cuts and gave them a slight angel at the top. They even will wrap up the nose of the sled.
Ezyjiggin101

Offline Soclose2far

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2016, 08:53 PM »
I used the extra three pieces from NeFish. I left about 1/2 in overhang on the straight end of the tub. It helps protect the corners.

Offline sickchopperaltitude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2016, 09:21 PM »
i bought some  but frabill is the worst company to order from  they sent runners and no bolts  to 10 weeks to get bolts  never buy from them again.

Just put a set of runners on my frabill aegis, had all the bolts in the kit but no washers.  Just went to menards and spent 5 bucks.  Was definitely disgruntled.  Love the two frabill shelters I have but dang.

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2016, 10:08 PM »
For some reason frabill and their shipping dept.  is not very good, got my bolts , nuts, washers in 10 weeks.

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:43 PM »
any pics on the runners you guys have made been thinking about getting the evo 1 as well or another flip over

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:11 PM »
order a shappell runner kit  for jet sled on gander mt, got here fast with ss bolts nuts washers  if you spend over $50  free shipping.

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2016, 08:16 AM »
I do have some pics but would have to email them. Send a pm if needed
Ezyjiggin101

Offline Wyo Outdoorsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 08, 2016, 02:29 PM »
I bought and used the EVO1 last year.

All my stuff fit great in it, tackle box, heater buddy, fish finder, jaw jacker's, ect.  Little of a pain hole hopping with it when it is windy.

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 08, 2016, 02:41 PM »
they all hop in the wonderful Wyoming wind. I have owned 5 different ones.   if one did not it would be so heavy you could not move it.

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 01, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Took my EVO1 to Granite today for the first time,  plenty of room and seat is good to sit on, going to be a good sled to fish out of, just remember to take the wind bars out before you fold it up. Operator error on the wind bars.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 01, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Looked at the evo 1 that was in the west Laramie fly store the other day.  I really like the concept.  How are those mesh seats to sit on all day?  I like my sled shelters as much as I like ice fishing, kick the heater on and sit there in a t shirt.

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 01, 2017, 08:21 PM »
Sitting on the seat was fine, no problems with my skinny butt. THE WING DID BLOW HARD AND IT HOPPED A LITTLE. Was every nice to fish in. Dont know what price at fly store is but Gander Mt. probably cheaper. I have had 5 ice houses, 2 were too heavy and this EVO1 is nice for 1 person, you could fish 2 if you wanted.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:38 AM »
If it was hopping, did you anchor down and if so how did you anchor?  I've put some eye bolts in my sleds and put my back to the wind when I flip her over.  One day It was so bad on wheatland 3 I run some anchors down inside my shelter and strapped to the framework in front with cambuckles.  Gets interesting on windy days for sure.

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Wind, trying to keep the wind from blowing under the bottom flap is a real challenge, had the the anchors down  but it still blows under the bottom flap, I am sure every one has the same problem.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.