Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: New Marcum Flasher/GPS/CAM/DVR  (Read 563 times)

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Marcum Flasher/GPS/CAM/DVR
« on: Nov 17, 2016, 02:20 PM »
So, this is a really big in the world of electronics.  Yes it's expensive, but leave that behind for now, do you think this type of tech will be accepted by general ice fishing community quickly? 

http://www.rapala.com/marcum/gps-sonar-camera/rt-9-sonar-gps-combo/rt-9-sonar-gps-combo/RT9-CMB.html#start=2

I come from the precision ag world and watched them go from simple, analog devices to some really amazing tools they are today.  It took time, but now, they are the rule, not the exception.

Knowing what I do, my bet is this thing is not actually making them a lot of money because the hardware, software and continued software development will cost them a lot along the way.

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Marcum Flasher/GPS/CAM/DVR
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2016, 02:40 PM »
Sure it's nice but not worth it in my opinion. Sonars and cameras can be had for much less and be paired with the navionics app on a smartphone or handheld gps. The tablet aspect may appeal to some but I don't get the urge to play games or watch videos when on the ice.

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2016, 03:28 PM »
There is like a lot more connected functionality coming with it in future firmware updates.  I would expect the Navionics to be connected to the web and synch to your phone or a cloud based interface to post process the marks and notes and share them between all your devices.

Also, I doubt the tablet will allow you to do anything other than what they want, could be wrong, but I don't think the tablet is going to run as a "tablet" as we see at the Verizon store, more so it will be a proprietary UI and only do what they want it to.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2016, 04:10 PM »
I'm a flasher guy. Tried the showdown and some Humminbird units. Don't care for them. This marcum is just an overpriced unit IMO. I like to relax and ice fish and keep it simple. Digital units with crazy settings are just a PITA to get stuff set correctly IMO.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.