Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Posting pics ?  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
Posting pics ?
« on: Nov 07, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Does anyone know how to post pics from a Samsung 4 to this site or similar dumb phone?  A laptop or tablet is one thing but dumb phones get me.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: Posting pics ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2016, 09:52 PM »
I typically use photobucket for hosting, if you take the pic from the phone you just go to the photobucket website and upload it there then grab the link. Usually when you do that there is a thing to click to get the actual forum style link.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2016, 10:04 PM »
did you have to load all the pics just to post one?    hoping my daughter can post my 1 man build

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2016, 11:20 AM »
I tried the photobucket site, too many pop ups just to use the site. Still tried but what do you select on this site(a post ) like now to add a pic. Lots of humpback pics I'd like to put up.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2016, 12:01 PM »
I tried the photobucket site, too many pop ups just to use the site. Still tried but what do you select on this site(a post ) like now to add a pic. Lots of humpback pics I'd like to put up.

1. Upload your pictures to your photo storage account.... *see list above.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum width of 640 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photo storage and find the photo you want to add. Click on the picture you want and then you will see "Image Links" on the right side of the page.  Put your mouse cursor over the  "IMG Code" and left click your mouse. (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2016, 12:56 PM »

wow those pics should be awesome hope to see them

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2016, 12:56 PM »
https://www.flickr.com/ by far the easiest picture hosting site out there without the adds/bs of photobucket

Catchin' Fish

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2016, 01:33 PM »
ok trying to add pics to a thread a post with a phone not a laptop or a home computer. Did the flicker thing but what do you do from there, how do you get pics from flicker to a post?

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2016, 02:02 PM »
when you're viewing the image on flikr there will be a share option, the share option can give you the bulletin board string linking to the picture - copy that string and paste it into your post on here

Catchin' Fish

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2016, 12:56 PM »

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2016, 12:57 PM »
If you don't care who see them Imgur is a better option then Flicker, a bit easier to use.

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2016, 05:55 PM »
I'll try that next, US Cellular was like having my mom help me,  dumb dumb dumb.

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2016, 06:29 PM »
How do you add your own photos to imgur to use here?  I give up, not a real techy guy. I can pay my bills from this phone, order tons of crap on this phone,  do online banking on this phone but for the life of me can't figure how to post a stupid pic to this site.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Bates's pic

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2016, 08:02 AM »
How do you add your own photos to imgur to use here?  I give up, not a real techy guy. I can pay my bills from this phone, order tons of crap on this phone,  do online banking on this phone but for the life of me can't figure how to post a stupid pic to this site.

:P I signed up with an account - that way I can keep track of what I have out there (i just used facebook so i didn't have to remember a login) then after that here is a screenshot that may help.

Then after you upload the image you hover over your name (upper right) and click on Images - you want the direct link (with .png/.jpg/etc).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.