The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gander Mountain Johnstown..No Ice fishing gear this year as no sales last year  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Pa Teeny

• IceShanty Rookie
I asked the manager if they were getting ice fishing gear in this year...and he said no as last years stuff was sent back....NO Ice last year...I guess..

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Washington got gear but had to resend it out west, sales guy said they sold a good bit last year but corporate pulled it all out to Minnesota  this year.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I stopped in at Dicks in Tannersville and the manager said they weren't going to waste their time.  >:(

I told him I wasn't going to waste my time shopping there any more.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
GOOD FOR YOU SPIDER..............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
EVERYEAR IT SEEMS THE SPORT SHOPS AROUND US PUT OUT LESS AND LESS ICE FISHING GEAR.
LAST SEASON WAS THE FIRST SHORT SEASON IN A FEW YEARS...
IF THE CANT CATER TO US WE SHOULD NOT SHOP THERE FOR SURE.
DO OUR SHOPPING ON LINE...

I DO LIKE TO HAVE IN MY HANDS WHAT I WANT TO BUY BEFORE I BUY IT BUT,,,,,,SOMETIMES IT ISNT POSSIBLE.
THE GANDER MT.IN DICKSON CITY HAS A PRETTY GOOD SELECTION OUT ALLREADY.BUT LOTS OF IT IS LEFT OVER FROM LAST YEARS STOCK >:(

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
As much as I like using my Cabelas points to get free stuff; it's hard to overstate the importance of supporting your local mom and pop stores as well. Probably preaching to the choir here, but the neat little stores with minnows in the back shed etc. are rapidly vanishing. Here in the Southeast there are very few left and like the wild ring necked pheasants it saddens me to think how good we used to have it.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Gander mountain closing in West mifflin near.Pittsburgh
It's a joke all new people.probably liquidation company and  not one has any idea what they are doing
Plus big signs all over saying in Giant print then in tiny print 10.% up to.
Didnt.see.nything at 30%

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
By the way Field.and stream in erie has a decent ice fishing section and several sleds .and.shanties

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
I agree with Spider1 and Chez, if they don't want to sell stuff to us then no reason to spend our hard earned money there.  Even more reason to shop at the Hunter's Gallery and other Mom and Pop shops, at least they want our business and will order stuff for us rather than sticking us with what some bean counter thinks we should buy.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
Agreed with the comment above, these big stores do not sell ice fishing equipment because they don't know what works or what we want.  It's a drive by Tackle shack is where to go for Ice gear.  It is a drive, but well worth it.  Don is very knowledgeable in what works and he can get what you want, besides he's a sponsor of this great website ;D

Offline Chill Bill

• IceShanty Rookie
Field and Stream in Altoona had a good selection of ice fishing gear last year.

Offline Gweeze

• IceShanty Rookie
I was just in field and Stream in Altoona and they had a big selection of ice fishing gear. Seamed to be a lot of new items also.

Offline lexman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
field and stream in cranberry had their stuff out 2nd week in oct.!

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
A buddy of mine said he called Gander mountain in Warrington Pa, which is brand new, and they stated they stated the same thing they will not stock ice fishing equipment.  I also agree about the mom and pop stores and can relate.  My family has owned and operated a " MOM AND POP" tackle shop for the past  31 years.  We supply a limited amount of ice fishing equipment and we do try to supply the necessities  as space is willing. I will tell you we do appreciate ALL the business we get.  I can't stock anything but would be willing to order if is possible.  The small shop is a dying thing around here also.We really enjoy the people and they appreciate us as well.I

Offline HeclaHardWater

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gander in Greensburg has a limited amount of ice fishing gear.  About the same as last year.  I didn't see any flashers this year though.  Mainly just some rods n reels and hand powered augers.  Sled too. 

Offline tonstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Field and Stream Altoona has a nice selection of gear. I was just there last night purchased a benelli and some ice line, very odd combo HAHA!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Field and Stream Altoona has a nice selection of gear. I was just there last night purchased a benelli and some ice line, very odd combo HAHA!

If I was out to shoot fish in a barrel, I'd choose the Benelli. If I was at F&S, and the wife was with me, there is no way I'd be able to stop by the ice fishing section.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.