Author Topic: Wholesale sports going out of business  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Saskassasin

• IceShanty Rookie
Wholesale sports going out of business
« on: Nov 03, 2016, 06:24 PM »
I was wondering if Saskatoon is also closing or only Regina? does anybody know when they will be closing the doors?

anybody snag some good sales?

Offline jiffy22

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wholesale sports going out of business
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2016, 07:39 PM »
I was wondering if Saskatoon is also closing or only Regina? does anybody know when they will be closing the doors?

anybody snag some good sales?

Saskatoon is not closing. I believe Regina closes at the end of the year.  I was there yesterday.  Good deals on off season stuff.  Not so much on hunting and ice fishing. 

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2016, 11:19 PM »
It's funny how they state they are closing because of the local economy... Or how about your staff is terrible and your customer service is awful and no one wants to shop there anymore.   

Ask Cabelas, pokeys or great northern how the local economy is doing!

Offline corney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2016, 07:41 AM »
I thought I was the only one that thought that?

Regina was even worse than Saskatoon!

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2016, 05:04 PM »
Customer service is about as bad as it gets in Saskatoon. Tried to buy a pair of expensive, high-quality boots in July. Was spoken to with contempt, as if I didn't really know my size after wearing boots for 70 years, LOL. That was my final visit there, and it isn't the economy's fault. Spending $800.+ on a flasher in the next month and won't be looking there for sure.

Offline Koabdah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2016, 10:18 AM »
I refuse to go to wholesale sports in Saskatoon  Service is just terrible.  I don't know how they stay open.

Offline golf560

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2016, 12:19 PM »
they run as warehouse type store, little service;  as long as you know what to buy and on sales , it is not too bad to go

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:27 AM »
Not surprised that they are closing up shop; just that they survived this long.  I tried to buy a Lymann Powder scale from them and they refused to bring it in for me.  Even offered to pay the shipping to get it to the store and they still wouldn't take my money.  You can't stay in business if you're not willing to sell product. Not to mention that the staff is poorly trained and could care less if you shop there or not.
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline mytiburon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:44 AM »
I called in last week (2 hours away) because i knew a rifle was on sale bk a buddy just purchased one the day before. So they answer and i asked if they had any left. After a few minute hold they said yes we have lots, they start to try and let me go and i ask what is the price, they reply 20 or  25% off, so i said can you find out for sure what the discount/price is because i may just buy one right now and get it picked up later but i want to know the exact price not a guess.He proceeded to tell me its not their policy to sell like that so I informed him that is the they are closing their doors!!

This is why i try for there most part to use local shops like wolverine etc, you call them and they will have your product shipped on the same day.

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2016, 09:54 AM »
It's funny how they state they are closing because of the local economy... Or how about your staff is terrible and your customer service is awful and no one wants to shop there anymore.   

Ask Cabelas, pokeys or great northern how the local economy is doing!

Cabelas is infinitely better, even they just got bought out by Bass pro shops.  (the whole chain)
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline stfuff55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2016, 11:35 PM »
Yes cabels is so much better standing at the gun counter wanting to look at some used firearms 3 sales guys 20 ft away from me and 2  more further along the counter the 3 are nattering to each other and laughing about something ,stood around for many minutes they did'nt even look my way not another Custmer at the counter finely after claring at them one Wadels over then I asked toc c a specific gun he couldn't identify IT i had to point it out to him . Pathetic !

Offline huntsfurfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2016, 11:53 PM »
Its to bad when they close down.

Personally I like having a variety to chose from no matter what the service is like.  (I have had bad service/issues with all of them and excellent service/transactions with all of them as well).

It would suck to only have one store or fewer stores.

And people will eventually see that.

Would love to have a Cabelas, Bass Pro, Fishin Hole, and Wholesale Sports in my town.

Oh well, just fortunate to have one of the 4.  Medicine Hat has none.

Offline struff55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2016, 06:36 AM »
Fishing Hole 👍

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:08 AM »
I like wholesale because they have a huge selection of lures i actually use maybe even the largest selection. I give up service from that store but then i dont need it either.

If you need some questions answered and help then stay away from wholesale.

Offline Reto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2016, 10:51 AM »
With bass pro buying Cabelas it could be a good thing or a bad thing without other local competition. A guy can always shop online but its nice to be able to grab a hook off the shelf and not have to wait a  week to get it. Cabelas fishing supplies in Regina are limited. Wholesale offered other selections on their shelves. Hope Bass Pro makes some changes at the Regina store to offer more ice fishing selection. Pokeys has always been a reliable spot if anyone is looking for gear.

Offline Rosco39

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2016, 11:44 AM »
With the store closing does eliminate another option for you in Regina. I know I love going into the big 3 stores but don't forget about your local stores aswell. I know in Lloydminster we don't have any of the big 3 but we have Exsile Outdoors and I find their prices are very competitive and quite often better then the big 3. They have to or people just go to Edmonton or Saskatoon.

Offline flyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2016, 05:15 PM »
When the chain is owned by a big union, dont expect them to act like a free enterprise operation.
The worst day fishing is better than the best day at......heck! you guys already know that!

Offline corney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2016, 08:46 PM »
United Farmers Union?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.