Author Topic: Please Read and Vote NO! On Public Question #1  (Read 2199 times)

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
Please Read and Vote NO! On Public Question #1
« on: Oct 30, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Public Question #1
Shall the Constitution of the State of Indiana be amended by adding a Section 39 to Article 1 to provide that the right to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife shall be forever preserved for the public good, subject only to the laws prescribed by the General Assembly and rules prescribed by virtue of the authority of the General Assembly to:

(1) promote wildlife conservation and management; and
(2) preserve the future of hunting and fishing?[3]

PLEASE READ

I've been researching it for a while. I'm confident it will pass, but I am equally confident that it will be detrimental to the population dynamics of fish and wildlife in the future. It will pass easily because of the way it is worded. Hunters, fisherman and the general public as a whole won't know what they are voting for or against.

Executive director of the IARA stated in an Indy Star article, "It makes it sound like the right to hunt is being challenged, which it is not". In the same article Republican Senator Tomes (an elected official) who is a proponent of the amendment mentioned the idea that groups "could try to make hunting illegal, but acknowledged that he hadn't seen any sort of effort of that kind in Indiana". So why is it worded the way it is? To get people to vote yes.

Why do I think it will be bad for fish and wildlife? Because the Indiana version is different than the original version (created and promoted by lobbyists) as well as many versions that have been adopted by other states. What it is missing is the part expressing that regulations should be adapted by the designated state agency i.e. Indiana department of resources. This version will put the authority in the hands of the "General Assembly" not the scientists and biologist. The hunting and fishing will surely suck if the deer and fish are all gone.

The following is paraphrased contributions from an independent attorney (that hunts and fishes)on the topic; The current rules are, and come from the executive branch of government. This proposed amendment will move authority to the legislative branch which is actually less protected from outside special interest groups. I personally prefer experts in natural resources to be making fish and wildlife management decisions rather than elected lawmakers who are funded by lobbyists (NRA or PETA). I'm voting NO. We have the right to hunt and fish now under the public trust doctrine. We don't need a constitutional amendment which will transfer the IDNR's administrative authority over to legistors.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Please Read and Vote NO! On Public Question #1
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2016, 01:04 PM »
I can understand your anger and would vote no myself. But your condescending tone isnt getting you any votes.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2016, 01:28 PM »
This is on the Indiana board about the Indiana ballot. I said "please" lol
Photobucket can suck it

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Algae,
This has been a heated one for a lot of hunters and fisherman. I do not hunt but am an avid angler. I do mostly catch and release but do my fair share of harvesting during some seasons.  What I have read mostly what has been second hand info from other discussion boards. In your opinion what are a few pros for a no vote and possible pros for yes?
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2016, 04:54 PM »
ill vote no with ya AK.  there is no need for this amendment.  this country needs to just leave stuff alone that works.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Miller73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2016, 05:12 PM »
Good information for people to know AK, kudos to you for bringing light to it for others in Indiana. Oh, and I absolutely hate when people don't read and then respond. I also hate when people THINK they can speak for others, and try to belittle them with idiotic sarcasm. I teach the American Revolution, as well as the Constitution, along with the Bill of Rights. And I teach it very thoroughly, without trying to impose my right of center personal beliefs into it. I am well versed, and well taught on the subject. I put my heart and soul into those subjects, and broad generalizations about how things are being presented really piss me off. Good luck with your elections

Offline xtrymefire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2016, 07:21 PM »
I am totally in agreement in voting no.  There is some media that is telling people to vote no and explaining why, but others are saying to vote yes because the NRA says PETA is for the law.  With some quick research it is easy to see Why this is a bad idea.  Please read this article and spread to vote NO!

https://ballotpedia.org/Indiana_Right_to_Hunt_and_Fish,_Public_Question_1_(2016)
A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.

Offline bobolink66

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Well when people come up to you and bang an ice spud om ice to prevent you from hurting the fish , then you wished you voted Yes . DNR can not protect you from Harassment. They have problem with peoples rights  will use this law to protect you.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2016, 01:20 PM »
I figure that every state will have their own specific ballot questions.

The key is to know exactly what you are voting for, not based on the TV ads, which are usually misleading, but by actually reading up on the question itself.

Oh, and above all....GET OUT AND VOTE!!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Marking Reds, Catching Greens.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2016, 04:23 PM »
I'm still doing research and rest assured I will make an educated vote but to be honest the research I've done so far I'm not leaning toward a " NO" vote.  There is so much vagueness and bs to this measure you really have to sift it out.
Marking Reds, catching Greens.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2016, 08:09 PM »
When the IDNR and The NRA publicly endorse the "YES" vote,  it's a no Brainer for me.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2016, 09:43 PM »
IDNR has not and legally can not endorse or oppose this. I don't know your source, but I know of several current and ex IDNR personal that are completely opposed to this. Keep sifting, Bubba.

I'm Ryan Baumgartner and I approved this message.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline bubbagill

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2016, 04:30 AM »
I'm done sifting man.  Thanks for drawing attention to this so folks are challenged to do thier home work on it.  This is a big year.
HOLY COW.  Go Cubs Go.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2016, 02:47 AM »
well, we knew it was a pass from wording.  now we see if there is any change to come.  lets hope for the best.

the main victory last night makes it sting less. lol

OANN the real story

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2016, 04:55 AM »
well, we knew it was a pass from wording.  now we see if there is any change to come.  lets hope for the best.

the main victory last night makes it sting less. lol
Yea thank God we didn't get stuck with ANOTHER lying Clinton!!!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2016, 06:24 AM »
amen to that!  even with the dead people and corruption she couldnt win. lmao people at the voting booth said there were 3times the amount that normally vote. 400 people there at 6am!

OANN the real story

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.