The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Youth day hunting???  (Read 892 times)

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
Youth day hunting???
« on: Oct 21, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Just came in from my hunting camp, My Daughters step son is spending the night out there with his father. 10 years old today, first year hunting. You would have thought he was in Alaska not Jackson maine if you talked to him! Memorys for him and his father forever!!!!!!!!! I'm not as bad as some think!  ;D ;D
Is it ice time yet???

Offline gunn308

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Youth day hunting???
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2016, 08:11 PM »
That is what it is all about. My grandson is 8 and he can't wait till he is 10. He'll go to camp and have fun with the guys go out for awhile with dad and sit in a tree stand then probably heater hunt with me as I will be limited due to having to have my difibrillator replaced in November.
"Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't"

Offline rude the dude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike, ruining the state of Me., one pond at a time
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Didnt they drop the age limit. On hunting ? Hope the rain lets up. Checked a couple cameras today. Had one behind my folks  , all oaks, let's just say they been in there. 3 different bucks last four days. Lots of daylight pics. Walking all around a ground blind I've left up for three years. Good a spot as any to hang out for a while Tomm  good luck to everyone getting after it  @)
How they biten

Offline . Ron

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2016, 10:50 PM »
The boy and I sighted in his rifle yesterday.  And then we came home and unpacked his hunting clothea.

Then my son spent this afternoon with his girlfriend.  She made plans for him tomorrow morning.

He has his priorities right.  He's going shopping with his girlfriend and her family. 

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2016, 07:17 AM »
Good luck to everyone going out today, can't wait till my girls are old enough to get out there. Hope the rain lets up for you all.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:29 AM »
don't wish the time away its coming faster then you think
in god we trust

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:31 AM »
Didnt they drop the age limit

yes  they did no age limit  like it use to be

in god we trust

Offline hockeynut12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 2016, 09:51 AM »
My 11 year old son had a shot at a nice buck but he didn't have sight of the "kill zone" (his words), so he didn't take the shot. We could only see the back end of it by the time he took aim as the buck was walking by. He told me he didn't want to injure it and he would get him next time. I was proud of him for being an ethical hunter. Just spending time in the woods with him away from electronics was worth every minute, deer or no deer. We spend the same quality time together ice fishing, so here's to hoping he gets his first deer and there's a foot of ice New Years Day.
I like to walk on water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.