Author Topic: Plastics  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Wavfire06

• IceShanty Rookie
Plastics
« on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:20 PM »
Ok so thinking about trying more plastics this year wondering what everybody's go to plastics are for panfish I live in Iowa
If u can read my coat u are to close

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Plastics
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2016, 08:47 AM »
this is all i use. Little Atom "WEDGEES"
you can buy it a different way and just use the tails on the other types sold. like these Little Atom "SPIDGIES"
you should be able to buy them at several online sites, but i know about this one only. or just run it thru a search engine for more buying choices.

Little Atom "WEDGEES"
Little Atom "SPIDGIES"
http://www.yourbobbersdown.com/category-s/102.htm

i also use fish attractant on them.
mr ice hole is the newest of those i have been using. pan fish scent
dr juice is my go to tho and hard to find in their flip top flat bottle. pan fish scent.

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2016, 12:05 PM »
I really have had success with most of the TriggerX plastics.  However the only one I don't is the mustache worm which frustrates me to no end because the guys on In Depth Outdoors tv show get crappies chomping those things like fat kids on cake.  Chalk that up to the "magic" of television.  Anyone have success with the mustache worm?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Maki Plastics hands down. they are hand poured and have the most life like action to them of most plastics out there. can either get them right from the Maki website or Clam carries some of the better sellers for Maki. Maki's owner is a Clam Pro Staffer and they partner to try and bring at least two more of the Maki line up over to Clam each season. My favorite from Maki is the Jamei and the Maki. these are the two I use the most of.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline jiggalo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another great day to be alive!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2016, 03:31 PM »
J & S and Contraband plastics are also VERY good ones to try ;)
Every day is a good day it's just some days are better than others

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2016, 05:22 AM »
I know this has been talked about on here before and my answer is always the same-B-Y Baits.

Offline Wavfire06

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2016, 09:02 PM »
Thanks guys but what size are u fishing for pan fish is my next question don't have a lot of money right now to buy a ton just to not be usable
If u can read my coat u are to close

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2016, 10:07 PM »
inch and a half Little Atom "WEDGEES"
after you get a few hook ups you can pinch a little off the front and reuse them only shorter.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2016, 06:05 PM »
I really have had success with most of the TriggerX plastics.  However the only one I don't is the mustache worm which frustrates me to no end because the guys on In Depth Outdoors tv show get crappies chomping those things like fat kids on cake.  Chalk that up to the "magic" of television.  Anyone have success with the mustache worm?

Same here, these are the best I've found (and easiest to find). X2 on the mustache worm, haven't been able to buy a bite on it

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2016, 06:29 PM »
I've used nothing but Impulse from Northland the past few years. They've caught tons of fish, have all the necessary colors, and have a broad assortment of styles. Also for me, being in Northern WI, they are also readily available everywhere and aren't expensive so that's a major bonus. If I run out, I can get them locally without waiting.

I was at Gander the other day and bought some of the new ones for this season. I'm really liking the new storage containers they came out with. I've ripped so many tails trying to pull them out of the tiny bags, especially when my hands are cold...

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Look at the post elsewhere on this site about best new gear or sponsor above Pro Fishing supply, tungsten jigs 3 for a buck, and then cut up some cheap plastic worms or use real worms off the tungsten, you will rock them like a hurricane for under a few bucks. Panfish will hit on almost anything, although perch eyeballs are the best bait bar none.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.