The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cabelas Ice Gear  (Read 775 times)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
Cabelas Ice Gear
« on: Oct 20, 2016, 09:36 AM »
Hey Guys,

Keep an eye out for when Cabelas puts their ice gear out.  I was there last week and they had a whole wall with Jigging raps, I started looking around wondering if they put their ice stuff out yet.  Considering Cabelas future is unknown, stock up now and return all your old gear before the bass pro bas$tards have their way. They just gave me $139 for a pair of cabelas dry-plus waders I had for the past 6 years.  I don't think I paid that much. Gonna go return and upgrade my icesuit and wading jacket as soon as they put their ice stuff out.

They should be putting their stuff out any day now.  After all, we are only, what, A MONTH AWAY FROM BEING ON THE ICE (that's 30 days, children, 30 days or 4 weeks+2 days or 720 hours, whatever suits your fancy) ;D maybe..........

Definitely hoping to get their first and pick up some much needed items for friends in Poland.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Cabelas Ice Gear
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2016, 10:18 AM »
I can't imagine why they ever sold out to Bass Pro.   ??? ???  Thanks for the head up, I'll definitely will be watching for when they put out their ice fishing gear.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2016, 06:32 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2016, 05:43 AM »
Chris, from what I saw on the news, Cabela's put too much money into their in store presence and not enough into the internet sales. They tried to keep the hands on approach. Unfortunately, the cyber world is taking over. Bass pro saw that and did better. Such is life. Keep up with the times or get bought out.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2016, 10:17 PM »
As long as I get free stuff with my Cabelas Visa card I'll roll with it. Holding out for another billing cycle for some ice fishing gear. ;)

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2016, 10:27 AM »
I  just stocked up on jigging raps, jigging shad, and shiver minnows VIA cabelas online.  A lot of the good colors where already back orderable.  I am truly bummed that they sold to Bass Pro as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.