Author Topic: Who's getting new ice gear or starting to get their stuff checked and ready?  (Read 5139 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
This is a good time to get your flashers charged up if they've been sitting all summer and their shelters aired out. Who's getting new gear this year?  :tipup:

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
I wanted to get a full thermal shack this year. For almost 15 years now, I've used my Frabill Ranger Solo, and it's getting worn down. So I searched around and found an Otter XT Pro Lodge brand new in box for $800 on CL. Couldn't pass up that deal, so that was my big purchase. Other than that, I picked up a few rods and a some more tackle during sales. I'm so ready for hard water fishing!

Offline walleyerick

• IceShanty Rookie
Bring on the ICE.... I am ready or close to it.. got a new Aqua View, have the XT Pro Lodge dialed in, and after we get about 15 inches of ice I have the Team Lodge Extreme ready to go also. That reminds me I need to change the oil in the wheeler in prep for the upcoming season. I have been shopping a little bit also but waiting to see what deals Todd will have at the Ice Institute. Did find a good deal on Snitch rods @ the box store for $17.79 each, just had to have 2 of them. They also had Custom Jigs and Spoons flutter spoons for $1.99 so I NEEDED a few of them also. Now I need to get my order in for lower Temps to get this season started.  Am I ready?????????  Hell Yea
"Sappers lead the way "

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Nothing special for me just new line and maybe gloves..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Working on a new shack.  Converting a camper to drop down to the ice.  Also just ordered a couple of Bricker
s custom rods.
Gunnerdog

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Sounds like a lot of nice gear coming and it isn't even Christmas yet! I've picked up a new HB gps/sonar unit, auger carrier, shelter so far.  :tipup:

Offline chrispeters

• IceShanty Rookie
Oh yes I have been getting ready for a few months now. 2 new bricker custom rods with Dave Genz Legend reels , New 7x12 enclosed trailer, 2 vexilar FLX 28's and last night a new Jason Mitchell thermal X ice house. My ice prep started in April because I don't open water fish. I have been chomping at the bit. I am hoping to be on the ice November 12, but we shall see. Just a note with all the excitement of the new season fast approaching lets not forget to think about safety, no need in making this the last ice season. Well everyone I look forward to sharing the ice with you all.

Offline SDFishnFriendly

• IceShanty Rookie
First post to this forum.  I've been ice fishing for years, and been reading this board, just thought I'd start posting!  Did purchase another 13 fishing rod (mind isn't made up if I like them yet or not, trying one more).  New rod and reel for my daughter Dave Genz model, just something to get her out there with me this year.  New blades for my auger.  This will be the second season with my Eskimo 949i, hopefully it holds up!  Can't wait for some ice.  I live in South Eastern SD so I usually have to travel north to get good early ice. 

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty SDFishnFriendly!  :tipup:

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Have the fever pretty bad.  3 Dave Genz rods on clearance from Cabelas, new Clam Yukon Thermal and a lot of accessories to deck that bad boy out.  Oh, and a new Smitty sled to pull that bad boy.   I might even have enough money out to re-string the old rods out too!.  Looks like a good winter is coming. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline SDFishnFriendly

• IceShanty Rookie
Welcome to the Shanty SDFishnFriendly!  :tipup:

Thank you!  I'm looking forward to being in a larger community than just my fishing buddies and the few guys/gals I meet on the ice!

Offline WhiteMTfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Been using a chisel and hand auger all my life. I just treated myself to a new Eskimo Mako 43 cc 8" gas auger. Should be delivered next week, I cant wait.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
Been using a chisel and hand auger all my life. I just treated myself to a new Eskimo Mako 43 cc 8" gas auger. Should be delivered next week, I cant wait.

That's great, Eskimos are very reliable augers.

I've been open water fishing the last few weekends cuz man I love the Fall.

Good reminder about charging the Vex Wyo. I topped it off about 3 months ago but lead acid seems to lose charge no matter what you do.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline GRCrappieCrusher

• IceShanty Rookie
Got a Shappell FX100 on order along with Hyfax runners from Sportsman's Guide, should be here tomorrow.  Now to select a heater, thinking a Little Buddy (the small round one).
Keep the front two between the snowbanks.

Offline finsnspurs

• IceShanty Rookie
Been getting ready here in Northeast Nebraska too. Trying g to get more organized this year. I have put together a nice box for all my ice stuff. Going to build a Smitty sled next. Bring on the ice! Can't wait to visit South Dakota again as well.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
New jig box jigs to go with it 13 fishing slender spoons, a selection of tungsten jigs. 13 fishing 38" hole hopper tickle stick with a bb 6160 reel! Now just need some ice! May have to ravel for that.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Bullet21XD

• IceShanty Rookie
Hopefully I can get by without buying any more tackle this year! My main goal is to lighten the load everywhere I can. So  all new gear like a new drill/auger will be dedicated to that....possibly a new Otter Cottage(have Cabin now)...considerable weight drop for when a fat kid has to walk!!

Offline diesel2012

• Team IceShanty Regular
No plans for any big purchases. Maybe some more tackle and that's about it. Our outlook for ice in my area isn't good. Hopefully it gets cold real quick.

Offline BIG FOOT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • caching fish, one jig at a time
Had mine ready since November I did get me a jaw jaker and a new 42" fin poll😁

Offline beige39

• IceShanty Rookie
Just bought a new fatfish 6120i

Offline SoDakdick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was just jumping on to see ice reports before I prep my gear for tomorrow. I think I might try chasing some northerns
Keep your stick on the ice we are all in this together.

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Loading the truck tomorrow. Will be fishing next weekend.

Offline Fishscout

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking at getting some new rods and reels-dedicated for ice fishing only. Tired of yanking summer reels off rods for ice rods. Any good setups for perch and walleye under $50 a piece or do I need to spend more. Thinking of getting four this year.

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
FLX-28. Ready to go! :)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline jh3666

• IceShanty Rookie
Getting a new jiffy auger this weekend that is about it this year

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Getting a new jiffy auger this weekend that is about it this year

Propane or gas auger? Either way, your arms and shoulders won't be getting tired, and when and if you're wanting to move over some other spot, you won't let whether you want to hand drill the holes be a factor!  :tipup:

Offline duberg

• IceShanty Rookie
I would like to get a sonar with GPS. Haven't decided if it's worth the money over an app. Does anyone have a good app they use?

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
I would like to get a sonar with GPS. Haven't decided if it's worth the money over an app. Does anyone have a good app they use?

Navioincs has a terrific app for smart phones. You can see what it's like and also do some "scouting" on their web app:tipup:

Offline dcfrederiksen

• IceShanty Rookie
Just got a lowrance elite 4 sonar tried it out today on Sheridan and absolutely love it. Really like the gps too has all the lake maps I'm going to ever use already on it. Can wait to get out again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.