Author Topic: Clam Corporation... What I ordered vs what was sent..  (Read 13238 times)

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
Re: Clam Corporation... What I ordered vs what was sent..
« Reply #60 on: Dec 01, 2016, 11:10 AM »
 I don't need the gear box for my 6" Mora and 4.0 batteries. It cuts all day on one battery. It's when you go to bigger diameter augers the gear box will shine.

Offline Quaid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 01, 2016, 11:24 AM »
I don't need the gear box for my 6" Mora and 4.0 batteries. It cuts all day on one battery. It's when you go to bigger diameter augers the gear box will shine.

With a 12 volt, not an 18 volt?

Edit, this is what I mean:
https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/12v-2speed-drill-driver-and-impact-driver-combo

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 01, 2016, 12:55 PM »
Mine is an 18v fuel, sorry if I misread.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:25 PM »
Back to the drawing board, my gears shattered on the first hole..

Freshly sharpened Mora 8"...

They say they have a fix, better gears..

We'll see...

<°)))>{

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:20 AM »
 Glad I'm not the only one working overtime! LOL. Yeah powdered metal is a bad idea. The cut gears should hold up.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 21, 2016, 08:57 AM »
The cut gears should hold up.

I'm hoping so...

The thing that pisses me off here is, they not only lied about the case being made of aluminum. They also lied about the tests...

They claimed so many inches for 8" bits and so many inches with a 9" bit.. "They said our testing shows"

Leading me to believe the product has been tested and slightly proven...

The product I bought was not tested at all...

<°)))>{

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #66 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11:00 AM »
maybe with the gear box it won't twist the input shaft like deal ninja has on his clam plate now. looks like they will have to add the box to stop the shaft problem for bigger augers and 1200 inch pound drills or rewrite what it claims to be able to cut w/o a gear box.
sounds like a price increase to make right on all of their problems they didn't field test on for a final revised product with more costly gears and input shafts.

good luck scratcher! let us know how it goes.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 21, 2016, 01:55 PM »
maybe with the gear box it won't twist the input shaft like deal ninja has on his clam plate now. looks like they will have to add the box to stop the shaft problem for bigger augers and 1200 inch pound drills or rewrite what it claims to be able to cut w/o a gear box.
sounds like a price increase to make right on all of their problems they didn't field test on for a final revised product with more costly gears and input shafts.

good luck scratcher! let us know how it goes.

Were do I hit the like button lol's ..

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 21, 2016, 03:23 PM »
I'm hoping so...

The thing that pisses me off here is, they not only lied about the case being made of aluminum. They also lied about the tests...

They claimed so many inches for 8" bits and so many inches with a 9" bit.. "They said our testing shows"

<°)))>{

Was it that the final design in plastic wasn't tested last year?  I hope they tested the gears they went to production with last year...if not, they were just asking for trouble.  The plastic case wouldn't be an issue in my experience, but getting the gears right would be a major issue is they somehow missed that boat.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Just wow...

Not only are they liars the have terrible customer service it seems...

Still haven't heard anything..

[email protected] is not a working email..

<°)))>{

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Dec 28, 2016, 09:03 AM »
Ice Scratcher here is an email that has worked for me. [email protected]. They got back to me next day with a question i was asking them. Also here is a phone number that was included with their reply. (763) 231-4120. Hope this helps you out.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 28, 2016, 11:08 AM »
I'm hoping so...

yeah...clam lied to me too.. never again! Its one guy that owns clam and a bunch of other companies so he cares little about you and me ...only profit. Its a corporation..that alone should say enough
<°)))>{

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 28, 2016, 12:41 PM »
That's clam for ya
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline borg0196

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Dec 28, 2016, 01:38 PM »
I know Clam is swamped right now, they also have a recall for some of the gear boxes. Best bet is to give them a call or wait out a response on the email. There is a form on the website to fill out if you think you got one of the defective gear boxes. It sounds like yours will be ok, if it has the metal gears inside. As far as the 2:1 ratio, I believe that is 2 turns of the auger per 1 of the drill.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Jan 06, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Any up dates ??  Looking back I wonder if there going  to a all metal box to those bushings and bearings were there placed in the plastic will be the first part to ware out..  would be the plastic then the gear would miss align and probally not work or bind.. but any how  still waiting to find out the results from those that bought the gear box early..  hopefully pictures will come next of a awesome product that come back from warranty!!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 06, 2017, 06:51 PM »
All you guys do is complain about drill conversations, maybe someday you'll get over it and buy a real auger !

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 06, 2017, 07:05 PM »
All you guys do is complain about drill conversations, maybe someday you'll get over it and buy a real auger !

I have more than a couple, son..

<°)))>{

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Jan 13, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Still waiting.......

And waiting...

And waiting...

<°)))>{

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 13, 2017, 01:15 PM »
Still complaining...

And complaining ..

And complaining ..

If you hate clam products so much return it and buy something else or just throw it away and move on with your life and find something that works for you

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 13, 2017, 02:01 PM »
I have every right to complain, and bash Clam..

Guess what?

I'll continue to do so too, until they own up at least half way to to deal I made with them..

Kiss it yo!

<°)))>{

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Jan 13, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Maybe it's just user error. Or because you took it apart and put it back together or that you added a grease that isn't correct. It's like buyin a new car taking a part the engine for no reason and putting it back together and complaining when it fails. If just don't know why you would want another one if it's so bad and you hate the company, maybe so you can complain about something else.  ???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #81 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:18 PM »
there are 200 of these recalled. so they know about the problem and it's not user error nor examination that made them recall them.

it is also the only one made to add to your clam plate that ice scratcher has and wants the gear box to work with his clam plate as promised. i know there are others here waiting it out along with him.
you are not, but don't like what your reading. so why are you complaining about what you think is only a complaint?

when you decide to buy some thing like this, you check it out the best you can. what they shipped him is not what they said it was made of. that's another minus for this company. i have already washed my hands of this company and could care less if they were here tomorrow, but i do want them to stand behind their words for my friends or otherwise. that's why i am following this topic. the reason i could care less about this company is, they do have good customer service, but shoty products that when they go bad, they send more of the same shoty products. eventually, you get tiered of waiting for them to replace those shoty products, so you simply quit buying them and buy a different brand so your not going with out. in this case, this is the only shoty product available to try for a drill/auger set up.

they did make the promise to replace the defective units. what's wrong with wanting some thing promised two times in a row and to see if a large company will stand behind their word? if they refuse to, then you move on and never spend with that company. i am sure many here are waiting to see the end results so they also know if they too have to write off this company and not be able to upgrade their auger to a larger size than the drill they own can handle.

that's what this is about.
that is not complaining to me at all.

thanks for the update ice scratcher. some of us appreciate the info.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:29 PM »
3300 pretty much nailed it...

Thanks man..

If they can't fix it, I'll have to make one for myself, if that happens, I'll make them available for sale...

It just takes a lot of C&C programming, and I was hoping the Clam plate would be easy enough.. Maybe not...

Mine will be designed different, that's for sure...

<°)))>{

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 04, 2017, 10:37 PM »
Thanks for coming through Clam, hope she holds up!

<°)))>{

Offline Caseman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 04, 2017, 11:16 PM »
Looks really good.  I want one!

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 05, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Ice Scratcher is that a cast aluminum housing with cut gears? Like it was supposed to be.....

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Feb 05, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Ice Scratcher is that a cast aluminum housing with cut gears? Like it was supposed to be.....

Yes Sir!!!

We'll see how she sails....

<°)))>{

Offline Northeastangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Yes Sir!!!

We'll see how she sails....

<°)))>{
did you get a chance to try out the new box? Been following this thread before I make the investment, hoping it's working well for you.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 15, 2017, 08:04 PM »
did you get a chance to try out the new box? Been following this thread before I make the investment, hoping it's working well for you.

Here is what I wrote on another thread..

I gotta say, I'm pretty dang happy with my replacement gear box..

Been running it on my 8" Mora, still a little bit of work for my Rigid, but it works great.. I can't see my drill running a 10" bit, although the Milwaukee might.. Super happy to finally have a light weight 8" auger!!

The way it cuts running a 6" mora is simply beautiful, I didn't try it, but I can say I'm pretty positive I'll be getting significant more inches per battery. It really helps smooth out the cutting, and its still plenty fast through the ice.. Running the 6" might even be faster than without gears, not enough ice around here to really get a good idea.. Running the six, I don't think clearing chips as it cuts will be an issue either, which is nice...

Thanks for fixing your gearbox Clam..

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.