Author Topic: Anyone add shelves to a clam shell or hybrid trailer?  (Read 394 times)

Offline Turd Ferguson

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking to see if anyone has added shelves to their clamshell or hybrid snowmobile trailer? Looking to have my sled on one side of the trailer and all my gear organized on the other side of the trailer.

Thanks!
Uncle Dave's nephew

KCCO

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Anyone add shelves to a clam shell or hybrid trailer?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Good idea. The problem that i see is that your sled weighs more than you gear probably. You'll need to balance the weight on your trailer to save tire wear, tracking etc etc is my guess.
Unless of course you have a sh!t ton of heavy gear i.e.: portable, auger, sled more gear, more gear, more gear......

Post up a pic once done! Love to see it.

Offline Turd Ferguson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2016, 09:30 AM »
That's the problem Jiggin!  Too much stuff! I'll be sure to post something if I come up with a plan.
Uncle Dave's nephew

KCCO

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2016, 01:13 PM »
I have always just kept my jetsled loaded and strapped down in the 2nd sled spot of my 2 place clamshell. Cover on the jetsled and completely loaded, ready to go. That way I can just unload both and hook up the trailer hitch to the jetsled. Just have to grab the bait bucket and I'm off. When I come back, load the machine first then push the jetsled. This year I have bought a new to me trailer that will be even better for this, a 7x12 inline with dual ramp doors. I'll just drive in with the jetseld still attached. Should be awesome for ice fishing.

Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Like.

Very nice, congrats!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.