Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Sep 25, 2017, 09:04 PM
MyFishFinder.com
Just like iceshanty but warmer

Author Topic: Please wear the right gear please read for your safety  (Read 2075 times)

GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
Re: Please wear the right gear please read for your safety
« Reply #20 on: Dec 08, 2016, 01:17 PM »
  Also, if you don't know how to get out of the water when you fall through the ice, get on youtube and watch how to do it.  It isn't hard, and it's a great skill to have.

... and there's no substitute for wearing floatation. Wear it and live!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

straightShot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie

Re: Please wear the right gear please read for your safety
« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2016, 07:01 PM »
I like the Stabilicer Maxx for my boots.  I did have to get Velcro extensions to be able to get around my Lacrosse Alphaburly size 12s.  I also have to readjust them occasionally when I walk since with the extensions, they don't seem to stay in place as they should, and they slouch off to the side.  Others I go fishing with have the medium Stabilicer Maxx for their boots as they have smaller feet, and they don't have the problems that I have.  I've wasted money on other setups that didn't grip the ice very well or just fell off as I walked.  They got thrown away. Even with having to put an extension on my cleats and slouching to the side on occasion, the Stabilicer Maxx cleats that I got work much better than the others that I tried and threw out.  I walk carefully, but I walk with confidence.  It's all about safety first.

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved