Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lost Grove  (Read 609 times)

Offline Fedexguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Lost Grove
« on: Oct 11, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Had a chance to do a recon mission before ice last weekend and wow was I impressed with the construction of the lake! My father and I spent most of the day learning & capturing data, and of course fishing. We only took UL gear as we were targeting the elusive crappie. Well, needless to say, they were NOT elusive in this lake. Nearly every way point we marked and fished was a success. However... that being said, we could not manage a fish over 10" out of the 100+ crappies caught. Many fell into the 7-8" range. They were aggressive so we thru several presentations at them and it didn't matter, they were feeding! I'll give this lake a couple years before I return, but when I do, I'd expect it to be a phenomenal fishery! On to the next mission, BIG HOLLOW. Anyone care to share any pan fish info on size or numbers? 
I love big honkers! Giant Canadian etc...

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lost Grove
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2016, 08:54 AM »
lost grove is going to take some time to straighten out.   people ask me how to fish it, i just say find a tree and fish it.   

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2016, 01:46 PM »
Big Hollow has some nice fish in it...great little lake. Lost Grove gills/crappie will take another couple of years to reach decent sizes

Catchin' Fish

Offline Fedexguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2016, 04:16 PM »
Big Hollow has some nice fish in it...great little lake. Lost Grove gills/crappie will take another couple of years to reach decent sizes
  Thanks for the info sir. I've heard I'm in for a pleasant surprise if they cooperate. Certianly a couple years before LG will produce "keepers"
I love big honkers! Giant Canadian etc...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.