Author Topic: Stryker ice rain bibs  (Read 1503 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Stryker ice rain bibs
« on: Oct 09, 2016, 06:58 PM »
Anyone using these? Curious how good they are. Looking at the pinnacle series rain bibs. They look nice. Figured I would see if anyone here is using them.
Salmonemia

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Stryker ice rain bibs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Striker announced at I Cast that they were coming out with rain gear, and I waited like a kid in a candy shop for almost a year before they finally came out. I'm pretty sure I was the first order placed lol.

I have the pinnacle suit and I love it. The bibs are great and so is the jacket. I got caught in a storm where it dumped an inch of rain in twenty minutes. It was pouring by time we got to the dock. I was dry as a bone in this suit. And for the price, you can't beat it. There's a lot of very expensive overpriced rain gear out there and these are priced right. I say go ahead and get them, you will love them.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2016, 08:38 PM »
I'm in the market for some bibs I've been using an off brand carhartt type bib and want to go with a nylon lighter style.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2016, 09:36 PM »
Striker announced at I Cast that they were coming out with rain gear, and I waited like a kid in a candy shop for almost a year before they finally came out. I'm pretty sure I was the first order placed lol.

I have the pinnacle suit and I love it. The bibs are great and so is the jacket. I got caught in a storm where it dumped an inch of rain in twenty minutes. It was pouring by time we got to the dock. I was dry as a bone in this suit. And for the price, you can't beat it. There's a lot of very expensive overpriced rain gear out there and these are priced right. I say go ahead and get them, you will love them.
Thanks I appreciate your feedback. Definitely looking at them seriously.
Salmonemia

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:32 AM »
No Experience with the Striker rain gear...  Been wearing Grundens for over 30 years... not the lightest ones on the ,market but they wear like iron and  will keep you dry when most others will have you soggier than a 3 day old bowl of cheerios...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:54 AM »
No Experience with the Striker rain gear...  Been wearing Grundens for over 30 years... not the lightest ones on the ,market but they wear like iron and  will keep you dry when most others will have you soggier than a 3 day old bowl of cheerios...
x 2 on grundens. Plenty of room for insulating layers underneath if you're wearing them on ice.

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 10, 2016, 10:02 AM »
X3 on grundens. I would never buy any other kind of rain gear.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Love my Grunden's GAGE.
Lighter then the ol' stand by Grundens and breathable.

When on the ice, I'd prefer something insulated and FLOATS!
Looking forward to trying my first Strikers when my current float suit wears out.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2016, 10:50 AM »
The Striker pinnacle suit isn't for ice fishing. I can telll you that right now. They aren't warm at all. They're designed for rainstorms when it is hot out, without overheating you. I would never wear mine icefishing, it would do zero good. That's what the ice suit is for.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2016, 11:04 AM »
Love my Grunden's GAGE.
Lighter then the ol' stand by Grundens and breathable.

When on the ice, I'd prefer something insulated and FLOATS!
Looking forward to trying my first Strikers when my current float suit wears out.

I'm with ya on the ice suit part.. that's what I have the striker for... but if we could still cod fish into November/December.. I'd wear them on the boat.... I think he's looking for something for fall fishing..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:07 PM »
The Striker pinnacle suit isn't for ice fishing. I can telll you that right now. They aren't warm at all. They're designed for rainstorms when it is hot out, without overheating you. I would never wear mine icefishing, it would do zero good. That's what the ice suit is for.
Thanks I realize its not for ice fishing, I have a striker ice predator suit, this is the only forum I use and I knew someone would know something of this brand. Thanks for the feedback.
Salmonemia

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2016, 07:43 PM »
I'm with ya on the ice suit part.. that's what I have the striker for... but if we could still cod fish into November/December.. I'd wear them on the boat.... I think he's looking for something for fall fishing..
Thanks Roccus, that part got by me.
My insulated float suit has been cod fishing in late Nov, (when we could).

Wayne... Looks like you could have used the pants yesterday!  ;)

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:07 PM »
Like my Grundens on the ice when it's sloppy, wet and balmy; like late March.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Like my Grundens on the ice when it's sloppy, wet and balmy; like late March.

Agree'd.

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Can't go wrong with the cabelas thermal suits either,  have had mine 15 pluus years and still have not found better at stopping wind and water!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.