The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: longarm reservoir york pa  (Read 2457 times)

Offline buckinnuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
longarm reservoir york pa
« on: Oct 09, 2016, 12:23 PM »
any info...cant find much online...thanks

Offline Purpleotter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: longarm reservoir york pa
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2016, 07:31 PM »
Most of my time on longarm has been open water....walleye,pike,crappies,largmth bass. Basin up near dam around 40', the rest of res.approx.25'. Coves get weed choked , lots of gravel/chunk rock, lots of little points and weedbeds. Wind seems to be always blowing, so some years safe ice is an issue. I live 5 min. away from  long arm,shep meyers and marburg.

Offline Purpleotter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2016, 07:39 PM »
Oh yeah bluegills and yellow perch

Offline Josh Miller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2016, 08:10 AM »
Purpleotter covered it good.  I live in Hanover also.

Usually takes a while for it to ice up.  Also the ice thickness really jumps around on this lake.  Was on it two winters ago and there was 8-10 inches of ice on most the lake.  There were a few times I drilled though and it was maybe 2" of ice.  Just be careful if it locks up this year. 

There are some jumbo yellows in this lake.
Practice Selective Harvest

Offline buckinnuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2016, 06:31 AM »
thanks...hit it once with the boat..near the pump bridge dam area ...caught around 5 or 6 crappies over 13"...and some good gills to...had something large on but never saw it...i did hear that ice there is back n forth due to water raising and lowering.....will try the ice season..but really want to get back on it in the spring...also found hardly any cover in it in the few places we trolled around on....perch and crappie would be great but would love to find a good walleye lake in the york area...lol..might not happen..just like trying to find them in marburg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.