The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: The Lights are on  (Read 2293 times)

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
The Lights are on
« on: Oct 04, 2016, 11:56 AM »
There might not be anybody home but the lights are on! I've been snowed on a few times now and looks like south pass got a good amount of snow lash night! Time to start making ice fishing plans. Let's go!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The Lights are on
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2016, 04:58 PM »
I'm right there with ya!  :tipup:

Offline outdoornut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Anxious to try keyhole through the ice for first time this year @)

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2016, 07:57 AM »
30 degrees in Gillette this morning. One day left and work and a whole winter to go fishing! Have to finish hunting first LOL. I know ahhhh.  ;D
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:03 AM »
Got a good feeling about this year!

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:29 AM »
Water temps around here are still mid 60's  :( but should start dropping like a rock! 7-8 weeks and should have ice somewhere close.. sooner than that if I still lived close to the big mountains!
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:07 AM »
Good to see you boys!!!!

I know last year I was fishing the gorge the first or second week of December but it was after a week long cold snap where it got into the negatives. I think it did that around the whole state if I remember right.

Appleye, you can't use the words "HAVE TO finish hunting". It's sacrilegious I think! hahahaha. I'm done hunting in this state but go to Montana for whitetails and then Nebraska for whitetails too. Might have to fit in some fall walleye fishing somewhere too.

Should we share some hunting pics!? :)
Trent Williams

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2016, 09:08 AM »
Oh and PS for anybody who doesn't have 'ol Forbes on facebook, he's already been trying to ice fish in his bath tub!  :roflmao:
Trent Williams

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2016, 04:19 PM »
Heard that Togwotee pass got closed today with all the snow.  Won't be long now.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2016, 07:51 AM »
Good to here the lights are on up your way guys, been wondering if it was so quiet because of the hunts. I seen the temps have been dropping here and there in GR for you pok3. Had 37 when I left my house this morning here although we should hit mid 70's this weekend for highs  :-\ I'll be keeping an eye out for some of the pics, I'm always checking out that thread this time of year  :thumbsup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2016, 08:45 AM »
I'd love to see some pics. I haven't gone yet this year waiting for today when I'm done working. 31 years 37 days of being a cop. I'm ready for a little R&R. Fishing a one day tournament Sat. Then going hunting.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Thanks for your service appleye  :clap: :thumbsup: :callcops: :thumbsup: that's enough time put in to fully deserve lots of outdoor action going forward for sure
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Gatorliberator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 07, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Thanks for your service appleye  :clap: :thumbsup: :callcops: :thumbsup: that's enough time put in to fully deserve lots of outdoor action going forward for sure
DITTO!!...And congratulations on the pending lots of R&R time!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 07, 2016, 01:47 PM »
I'd love to see some pics. I haven't gone yet this year waiting for today when I'm done working. 31 years 37 days of being a cop. I'm ready for a little R&R. Fishing a one day tournament Sat. Then going hunting.

Congrats to you sir! Hopefully I'll see you on the ice this season???

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2016, 08:27 AM »

Congratulations appleye. Better hit the hut party this year then! :) My dad is at 25 1/2 years of being a police officer. I think he'll do the same and get to 31 years probably to the day when he's done.
Trent Williams

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Thanks everyone! I hope to make the hut party but there a good chance I will be in Florida fishing. I plan on doing a bunch of fishing this year for sure. Keyhole should be off the hook! The perch and crappies are very good size and all those "little" walleyes have grown up and are 15" plus.

Offline wforbes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Got all the ingredients just need to add some ice!
hammer em bud!!! :tipup:

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2016, 07:12 PM »

Gillette won't be safe any more.  Congrats on the retirement.  I have to hit up keyhole again this year.  I actually have wheels to move around out there now. 

Don

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2016, 07:41 PM »
 :) Congrats appleye! Thank you for being on the front line for us for so long! Sorry to hear you might not make the hut party. Gonna miss some good grub and good company. My first was last year and really looking forward to 2017. Sweetie is getting her work :-\ schedule figured out and if anyone has an idea what day the hut party is I'd sure like to bring her this year. Count me in for the beans again this year!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2016, 09:32 PM »
Congrats and thank you Appleye!!!!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 02, 2016, 04:45 PM »
:) Congrats appleye! Thank you for being on the front line for us for so long! Sorry to hear you might not make the hut party. Gonna miss some good grub and good company. My first was last year and really looking forward to 2017. Sweetie is getting her work :-\ schedule figured out and if anyone has an idea what day the hut party is I'd sure like to bring her this year. Count me in for the beans again this year!

The page should start picking up steam any time now. I think it's always been in January....or at least has been for the last few years.
Trent Williams

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2016, 08:41 PM »
The page should start picking up steam any time now. I think it's always been in January....or at least has been for the last few years.

I am really torn regarding this weather we have been having.   The weather so far this fall is as nice as we have seen in many years, and while I am enjoying it, I realize we are going to have to have some really, really cold weather to be ice fishing in northeast Wyoming much before mid-December.  Here it is November 2 and we are having highs in the 60's and lows in the 30's and 40's - those are not ice making temps! 

ClearCreek

Offline Fenwick307

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 03, 2016, 12:04 PM »
Soo... Am I the only one with their shanty set up in their office doin mods obviously not workin...  Might have to take the boat out this weekend just to try and scratch a little bit of that itch. Am I alone or does anyone else hate this time of year, hunting is over, tagged out and ready for some ice!!

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 03, 2016, 12:33 PM »
No you not the only one I just booked us a room for the first weekend of december to head up to Henry's Lake Idaho to get in on that early ice action. Ordinarily I am able to get on the ice by Thanksgiving around here but it is going to be hard this year. It was 16 this morning but its still warming up during the day. We did get another inch or two of snow the other day that is still hanging around in the shady areas. I was on the lake last week and the temp is in the low 40s and the lakers are aggressive so it wont be long now. Thinking about getting the boat back out tomorrow.

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 03, 2016, 03:23 PM »
I for one like this time of year.  Sleep in (at least compared to big game hunting season), take the boat out, shoot some grouse and/or ducks.  Maybe get an extra load of firewood.  All without the feeling you must fill the freezer with elk meat (cause' its already full)!

Here in western WY, the ice season is so long I know I will get all the ice fishing I want.......

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 03, 2016, 08:57 PM »
I think this warm weather will hold on, then like a light switch the temps will plummet over night.   Ice will come shortly. 
Don

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 04, 2016, 07:17 PM »
Thanks everyone! Should be a fun winter.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 30, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Found ice on the fishing lake today! Not enough to walk on but it should not take long now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.