Author Topic: Insulated Bay Runner  (Read 1233 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Insulated Bay Runner
« on: Sep 26, 2016, 05:57 PM »
I emailed the makers of the Bay Runner asking if they were bringing out an insulated model . Here's the reply I got...

We are adding to insulated shelter to the line this year, unfortunately the Bay Runner is not one of them. We do have plans to expand the insulated line in year to come.

Thanks

Eagle Claw Shappell    (Their bad grammar, not mine!)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Insulated Bay Runner
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Thanks Old Sailor!  At least they are now aware peeps are looking for that.  The Bay Runner could be an incredibly awesome single man Shanty with a decent insulated cover.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:38 PM »
I went to the store to buy two gallons of milk, and bought a candy bar too...

;D

<°)))>{

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:50 PM »
I went to the store to buy two gallons of milk, and bought a candy bar too...

;D

<°)))>{

???  Your comment was lost on me.  Maybe I'm just dense?
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:54 PM »
X2.... I must be getting old!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:58 PM »

Sorry, wrote that because of Old Sailor's comment on Eagle Claw's bad grammar.. The the words, to, too, and two, have four uses..

I just figured it out myself not too long ago.. ;)

<°)))>{

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2016, 07:17 AM »
You had me wondering!!  ??? What gets me is that this person represents the company by being in that position! I guess I should just be glad I got a reply! There are others on here who must have slept through English class or played hookie themselves!!  ;)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2016, 07:37 AM »
a chinese person wrote the response, it would appear.

so shappell is going to make insulated shanties now finally. thanks for that info. i'm glad eagle claw merged with them. they have been making nice improvements to the shappell's line up. i was just asking myself what could they do to make the fx series even better and that's the only thing that came to mind, besides better seating and led lighting. one more thing they do need to work on is how the tent corners attach while closed so it doesn't need any thing other than to simply close it and no more velcro.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2016, 08:06 AM »
At least I got a reply! I've contacted Polar Bird three times via their 'contact us' link on their website asking if there was a flip over in their plans. Haven't heard back from them!!  I wonder what's up??

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2016, 12:31 AM »
I have to say that if Shappell does make a full insulated bay runner some day I would jump on getting one even thou I staff for Clam as Clam hasn't made a comparable model to the bay runner and I personally like the design and concept of the bay runner.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2016, 07:32 AM »
I use mine with a Buddy heater and crack the windows...never had a problem... is it cold from blowing wind or just ambient temperature that u need the insulation for?

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2016, 09:45 AM »
I use mine with a Buddy heater and crack the windows...never had a problem... is it cold from blowing wind or just ambient temperature that u need the insulation for?

X2... Open window above the buddy and it stays dry and 80f inside... I fish in jeans, t-shirt, and a hoodie. Always been comfortable.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2016, 07:26 AM »
Insulated shine in -20 degree days and overnight walleye fishing, it keeps the sides so much drier then unisulated. both will get warm, just avoids the drips that sometimes happen. :-) I love my insulated shacks i'll never go back.
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.