Author Topic: Tungsten Jig Assortment  (Read 12464 times)

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Tungsten Jig Assortment
« on: Sep 21, 2016, 08:52 AM »
I'm looking to pick up some various size tungsten jigs. Does anyone know of a supplier selling an assortment that includes different sizes?  All the ones I can find are for different colors in the same size.

Thanks!

Offline E Z turn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tungsten Jig Assortment
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Custom Jigs and Spins. Click on ad at the top of the page.
Oops! is too late.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 21, 2016, 09:57 AM »
Are you looking for unpainted tungsten in 2mm-5mm?  I know there is a guy on facebook that sells them from Asia that does post on a very popular group based in Wisconsin....

Otherwise I would check out someone like 3 Northern Jigs.  They are very competitive and offer a good product and good customer service. 

The other was brantner but the owner has decided to slow down production to get back more personal time.  You can buy them at Hanks Live Bait and tackle  319-234-0711.  They will ship.  These are not the cheapest jigs, but the highest quality that I have seen.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2016, 10:11 AM »
Custom Jigs and Spins.

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2016, 10:57 AM »
I like Jammin Jigs.  They sent me real nice lures and Brian was extremely helpful when an error in the shipment occurred.  They are awesome.

Offline joedevera

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Kenders Outddors has variety packs that include different sizes. Also, I've had success in contacting companies directly and substituting sizes and colors to get what i want

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Your bobbers down. Fiska's. Also Bartness industries/ Northwest Metro Tackle. Many different types and sizes.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Thanks all.  I guess now I just need to start building my order.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2016, 10:47 PM »
I'm looking to pick up some various size tungsten jigs. Does anyone know of a supplier selling an assortment that includes different sizes?  All the ones I can find are for different colors in the same size.

Thanks!

Best price & selection I found was beaver damn tungsten jigs sold sold at Walmart out of a bulk box.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2016, 12:31 AM »
I would highly suggest checking out TnT Jigs. They don't have a website but they do have a Facebook page. It's a guy that custom paints them out of Michigan. Awesome colors, etc and you can make custom orders. 2-4 mm custom painted jigs are only $1! I have been looking for awhile to find tungsten jigs as well and this guy seemed to have the best prices and you can't beat custom painted glow jigs. He also has a phone number: 269-414-9326. No this isn't a plug, nor do I know the guy, just thought it was the best option I have found so far. Cheers

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2016, 09:29 AM »
ElectricSlide19
how would you rate or say the charge of the glow lasts?

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2016, 09:52 AM »
I would highly suggest checking out TnT Jigs. They don't have a website but they do have a Facebook page. It's a guy that custom paints them out of Michigan. Awesome colors, etc and you can make custom orders. 2-4 mm custom painted jigs are only $1! I have been looking for awhile to find tungsten jigs as well and this guy seemed to have the best prices and you can't beat custom painted glow jigs. He also has a phone number: 269-414-9326. No this isn't a plug, nor do I know the guy, just thought it was the best option I have found so far. Cheers
Have you personally ordered or seen these jigs?  Would love to know paint quality, hook quality, etc.  I too have seen Joes jigs but only on photos on facebook.. with mostly good reviews..

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2016, 10:12 AM »
I recently put in an order and I am waiting to receive them. I have not seen them in person, but have also heard great reviews that I went off of when ordering. I plan on doing a full review when I do get them.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2016, 04:28 PM »
I see that even Brantner's website isn't up either anymore!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2016, 08:33 PM »
I see Bratner jigs are being sold from Hanks in Iowa I believe.  Check out his FB page

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 23, 2016, 01:12 AM »
I like Jammin Jigs.  They sent me real nice lures and Brian was extremely helpful when an error in the shipment occurred.  They are awesome.

What is the deal with these guys? Everything is so cheap. Poor quality? They look nice in the pictures.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 23, 2016, 05:51 AM »
I have several of their jigs. All of them are great and I've never had any problems with them. When I buy jigs from the internet I either get them through Custom jigs and spins or from Jammin jigs. With Custom jigs my favorites are the demon, the Majmun, Chekai, and the frizbee... gotta have a couple slender spoons too. At Jammin jigs, just get a couple tungsten packs and a glitter tiger kit. Grab a jig-a-whopper kit while your there and don't forget the water flea kit... But... make sure you set a budget before you start!

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Sep 23, 2016, 08:40 AM »
Custom Jigs as others have said, I think I got mine at Cabelas. I caught several bushels of crappies on a chekai/waxie combo with a ratso above it unbaited, most of them hit the ratso. Eyes arent cleared but that just takes some offseason prep. I never took off the chekai yellow and orange all season, it just worked too good.

Offline joedevera

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Sep 23, 2016, 10:15 AM »
you get what you pay for....

Offline pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2016, 10:14 PM »
Got these in the mail today from a forum member.  They look great!  The ones one the left are 4mm the ones on the right are 5mm.

I'm gonna supplement these with an order from yourbobbersdown.  They seem to have the greatest range in sizes from 2.5mm-7mm.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #20 on: Oct 01, 2016, 08:37 AM »
don't forget about bentley jigs
http://bentleyfishing.com/
there's a package of one of their versions of what i use already to pick up for 1.43 per jig.
Size # 2,3&4 STNG 21
plus FREE 10 pcs mix of hand crafted Bentley fishing jigs. this makes them less than 1$ a piece.

and kodiak jigs
http://www.kodiaksg.com/
C47- Mark’s Tiger Blue Glow
KT-24 Series – Mad Rat
KT-24 Series – Gold
C25- UV Kryptonite
C19- Pirate Glow

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 01, 2016, 09:25 AM »
I need to check this out, I am buying my stuff at scheels mostly Clam jigs at $3.45 each

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Oct 01, 2016, 10:23 AM »
and don't forget JB lures out of Winthrop Minn. Had good success with a lot of their stuff.
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 01, 2016, 10:00 PM »
Got this picture from TNT jigs today of my order. Order and review should be here shortly. These things look awesome!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 02, 2016, 06:48 AM »
Check out BANGGOOD.COM...... BEEN BUYING A LOT OF GEAR FROM THEM LATELY.....SELECTION IS AMAZING, AND PRICES WILL ASTOUND YOU !!!

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Oct 02, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Got this picture from TNT jigs today of my order. Order and review should be here shortly. These things look awesome!

Did you purchase those separately or as a package?
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2016, 01:10 PM »
Anyone who uses TnT, are the hooks very sharp?
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Oct 02, 2016, 08:13 PM »
DLB, I purchased them individually as it was a custom order. I told him what I wanted and how many of each size and color. I even told him I wanted a glow perch and showed him pics of what I wanted and he made it.  They were $1 each. Mr. Seaguar, I will be sure to let you know as soon as I get them this week if no one else chimes in.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #28 on: Oct 03, 2016, 12:52 AM »
DLB, I purchased them individually as it was a custom order. I told him what I wanted and how many of each size and color. I even told him I wanted a glow perch and showed him pics of what I wanted and he made it.  They were $1 each. Mr. Seaguar, I will be sure to let you know as soon as I get them this week if no one else chimes in.

Website? Interested in ordering some...do they have tungsten?

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2016, 09:39 AM »
Website? Interested in ordering some...do they have tungsten?

No website currently, they do have a facebook page or if you do not have facebook, his phone number is: 269-414-9326. He said they are working on getting a website, but he is not exactly a techy genius haha. All the jigs in the picture I shared are tungsten. He said the reason why the jigs are so cheap right now is not because they are a reflection of quality, but because they want to keep the price as low as possible to build their name up first.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.