New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Permanent shanty question???  (Read 4416 times)

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Permanent shanty question???
« Reply #30 on: Oct 25, 2016, 10:49 AM »
I open a thread about perm shelter, and I read a post about politics. Fantastic  @) @) :tipup: :tipup:

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #31 on: Oct 26, 2016, 02:41 PM »
You took the first few paces Jim. I just wandered by with some thoughts.

Wish I could have a permie on the ice in my back yard. No such luck around my area.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Oct 26, 2016, 02:56 PM »
I open a thread about perm shelter, and I read a post about politics. Fantastic  @) @) :tipup: :tipup:

Don't get mad, get even!

Go to a politics blog and post a question about propane heaters in a 2-man pullover shanty

:tipup:

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #33 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Oh by the way rackoholic, that picture in my avatar is my perm shanty to get back on subject.

Isn't this shack on C list Boggey?

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Don't get mad, get even!

Go to a politics blog and post a question about propane heaters in a 2-man pullover shanty

:tipup:

Lol

<°)))>(

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:33 PM »
 Well.....I'm sure you've had piles of fish along with piles of good memories out of that nice shack. No neighborhood young bucks you can barter with to do the grunt work? Although, all that really maters is that your getting out on the ice and reeling in some fish. My 6 gallon bucket is always on standby. Here's to a  good season.   ;)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Oct 26, 2016, 06:23 PM »
Every thread has its life.

Some die young ;D

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline RaCKaHoLIC518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Oct 29, 2016, 08:26 AM »
Didn't intend on a political post myself. I was just simply pointing out the obvious that NYS wants to charge a registration fee for a year when the thing will be only on the road to lake and back home. Thats rediculous and a rip off. There should be an exception for this particular scenario. It went political when someone starting assuming if you tow a trailer w/o registration you are a criminal.... Not the case.

Offline duke14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • thats why they call it fishin,not catchin!
« Reply #38 on: Oct 29, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Yup rugburn. I'm getting too old to pull it out and back anymore. I sold the 4 wheeler and it's time for this old geezer to pail sit again. That's the way I started, that's the way I will finish I guess.
less is more,Bogg
-

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #39 on: Oct 29, 2016, 05:29 PM »
I'm with boggy on this one. I've had all the toys. Sleds, flip overs etc. I'm down to a super light sled or a bucket these days. If it's too cold to sit out and enjoy the day, I've got a dozen other hobbies I can pursue.....where it's comfortable.

Life is a big circle.

Rg

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Nov 01, 2016, 12:27 PM »
 Yup, you spend the early portion of your life collecting things you think you need......and the later part getting rid of them.

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Brakes are required on trailers with a GVWR of 3000 pounds and above... Federal DOT requirements, not a state thing.

Actually, breaks are required on trailers weighing over 900lbs. I have several trailers and had to comply with this. Some of them are home made. Had to weigh them at the local landfill. Had to put breaks on some of them. This is per NY DMV law.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Well, best you stay where you are with that attitude. That is, judging indiscriminately. All must be pure white snow and clean consciences in East Bethel. Lucky you!

Rg

Well said.  The quote in your signature sums up my feelings on the subject perfectly.  The downside of the internet and social media is it provides one with a means to voice their opinions, and apprently the temptation to share a negative one was too strong for our friend in MN. 

If you can do what I do for my boat, trailer, car, ect.  All registered in my wifes name.  Thanks to her I only go to the DMV to renew my lic!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.