The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Range Pond Open Water Help  (Read 620 times)

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
Range Pond Open Water Help
« on: Sep 17, 2016, 03:38 PM »
Has anyone here fished range ponds (middle and upper) in open water?  I am going to be there a couple days next week and am looking for mostly smallmouth bass and Largemouth. I have never fished there before. Is it more of a smallie lake or largie?

I also see on here that there are lakers in there, anyone have luck jigging for them there this time of year (Im not really set up for trolling, and prefer jigging).

I'll prolly try either way, but wasn't sure if anyone on here had any helpful info.

I also have a friend on panther pond so i am sure we will try there as well as the bass fishing there can be excellent.  Is that considered above average for lakers/better then range?

Thanks for the help if you have any,

tight lines.

Offline TylerGilbert

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Range Pond Open Water Help
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2016, 05:28 PM »
Hi,
I don't know if you've gone yet, however range ponds are much more of largie ponds, panther pond has some big ass bass! I have found that with range you have to get there EARLY, or it kinda sucks! good luck snd tight lines.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Range Pond Open Water Help
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2016, 03:06 PM »
just saw this. Thanks!  My friend lives on panther ad was up the same week as I was and did ok.  I however fished range pond (The southern most one) and did very well with large smallmouth (all topping out around 3.5 lbs).  All on drop shot for the most part.  It was a very hot week for september.  Overall a very nice trip, thanks for the help!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.