Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Dakota Angler Show  (Read 1582 times)

Offline swiafishingfool

• IceShanty Rookie
Dakota Angler Show
« on: Sep 13, 2016, 08:44 PM »
Is anyone planning on going to the Dakota Angler Ice fishing show, I heard there is suppose to be some sweet new gear there and great info  from some great promotional staffs,A couple buddies and I will be heading up there on the 4th of November and staying till the morning of the 6th, I believe the show is only the 4th and 5th of November. Hope to see some Iowa boys there!!!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dakota Angler Show
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2016, 09:31 PM »
Are you sure he is having one this year? I don't see anything about it on his website.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2016, 11:00 PM »
Are you sure he is having one this year? I don't see anything about it on his website.

It's on the facebook page under 'events' & there's been facebook posts recently about tackle vendors attending. Brian Brosdahl also tweeted about being there earlier this month.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2016, 01:06 PM »
Where and when is this held?
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2016, 06:55 PM »
November 4-5, 2016 held at the Gym at Central Baptist Church in Sioux Falls. You can find more details and speaker list http://www.dakotaangler.com/m/product/dakota-angler-ice-institute-tickets-11608.htm.

Offline Big Lefty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2016, 12:33 AM »
Unfortunately it doesn't line up with my work schedule this year.  We went last year, for the first time, and were impressed with the show.  Not a ton of deals on tackle, but the deals on shacks, flashers, and augers were decent. 

We've got a pickup load of guys heading to St. Paul for the first time this year.  Really looking forward to that. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2016, 06:44 PM »
The shows are always fun to go look at stuff.

I found the last few years there really hasn't been much "new" stuff to come out. Seems like a lot of the tackle manufacturers are coming out with "new" lures that other companies already had on the market and just pretty much copied & pasted there logo on it. It seems innovation is starting to slow down pretty fast.

I really haven't come across anything the last year or so that really jumped out at me. The rods and prices are getting to be absolutely crazy....In the past it seemed a normal good solid ice rod seemed to run $20 and $50 for the high end. Now it seems these companies feel a valued rod needs to be $40 and a high end $80+. I've bought a few of them myself, and some of the high end reels.....only to find a high end HT Rod & reel that I bought over 5years ago still holds with them. It was a $25 combo the reel had 6 ball bearings and the Rod was a solid graphite blank.

For the noodle rods, it is still hard to beat an $8 HT ice blues Rod. I find I fish it just has much has my expensive rod & reel and do just has well with it.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:51 PM »
i am with you on the ice blue rods.  i had a 36in for a long time and loaned it out a few years ago along with my hut and vex and the rod came back an inch and a half shorter than it left my posession.  needless to say i bought a new one last year and my son now claims it as his and i still use  the 34in ice blue now.  still has a great action and pulled in a 9lb channel cat out of a crappie pond last winter.  what a suprise for sure. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2016, 08:57 PM »
i am with you on the ice blue rods.  i had a 36in for a long time and loaned it out a few years ago along with my hut and vex and the rod came back an inch and a half shorter than it left my posession.  needless to say i bought a new one last year and my son now claims it as his and i still use  the 34in ice blue now.  still has a great action and pulled in a 9lb channel cat out of a crappie pond last winter.  what a suprise for sure.

Yep. For the $8 it is hard to beat for panfish. Plus when it breaks.......it is disappointing but not a tragedy like the $100 rods.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2016, 12:05 PM »
I was thinking about going to this but I have a fishing trip planned for that weekend. Oh well. Maybe they will have it in early Oct someday and I won't have anything going on.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2016, 08:46 PM »
I was thinking about going to this but I have a fishing trip planned for that weekend. Oh well. Maybe they will have it in early Oct someday and I won't have anything going on.

Where is the fishing trip to? I hear the walleye bite at the lakes is really hot right now at dusk and after dark.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 07, 2016, 02:36 PM »
Mississippi River

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2016, 12:41 AM »
Mississippi River

Cool I have been wanting to ice fish some of those pools on the Mississippi River. Perch are huge from some pics I seen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.