Author Topic: Another 2 months!  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Another 2 months!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2016, 01:16 PM »
That's my only hesitation before buying one.  I know my jiffy pro 4 10" struggles a bit at Granby during late ice.  I know a 10" bit is cutting a lot of ice, but I'm curious if the fuel 8"combo would be able to handle it.
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Sep 28, 2016, 02:45 PM »
That's my only hesitation before buying one.  I know my jiffy pro 4 10" struggles a bit at Granby during late ice.  I know a 10" bit is cutting a lot of ice, but I'm curious if the fuel 8"combo would be able to handle it.

Most run a 6" or 7" auger on a drill. Some use an 8".
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Lukaszu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Sep 30, 2016, 04:57 PM »
The wait is killing me... Argh. I built some new lithium batteries for my flashersLX6 /Showdown 2.0. I got 2 lithium batteries factory built for sale soon and a in the box showdown 2.0. Can't wait to try out my new boots & pants. Not only are they gona be warm but I'll be  looking good icing too. Cause you know,  the art of fishing also involves.... Looking good.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Oct 10, 2016, 06:39 PM »
Nah I didnt fish the mts. but once at 11-mile early last year.  I truly wonder about drilling 20-24" of HARD 11-mile ice all day with the electric.

I used my K-Drill and Milwaukee on Tarryall, twice in 20-22"  Worked just fine 28 holes and still had battery power
Bud

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:17 AM »
I used my K-Drill and Milwaukee on Tarryall, twice in 20-22"  Worked just fine 28 holes and still had battery power

What I want to know Bud, is why the heck would you ice fish Tarryhole? :P
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Oct 19, 2016, 02:50 PM »
What I want to know Bud, is why the heck would you ice fish Tarryhole? :P
Bud may well be too embarrassed to confirm that he fishes that miserable lake. That has to be the butt ugliest mountain lake in the State. Looks like a bomb crater. Nothing special for fish and if you drive by there over Christmas week you'll see guys about four foot on center over three little honey holes. I'd rather get skunked at Elevenmile (I'm State record holder for Elevenmile skunks) than fish Tarryall.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Vex-Um

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Oct 19, 2016, 03:35 PM »

Nice, Thanks for the info Bud. I spend most of my ice season chasing lakers. Knowing that the drill combos can handle that kind of ice is a big influence on my decision.
Rippin' Lips and Jerkin' Jaws

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Bud may well be too embarrassed to confirm that he fishes that miserable lake. That has to be the butt ugliest mountain lake in the State. Looks like a bomb crater. Nothing special for fish and if you drive by there over Christmas week you'll see guys about four foot on center over three little honey holes. I'd rather get skunked at Elevenmile (I'm State record holder for Elevenmile skunks) than fish Tarryall.

;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Well for one thing, I went along, mostly to keep the other guy company.  He wanted to catch a pike, I tried to tell him
he'd stand a better chance at 11, but nooooo.  So it turned out to be a nice ride for me.  ;D  Can hardly wait to get out in westslopes neighborhood.  I just picked up the Gander 3 man thermal that was on sale at the Thorton store.  Looks like I will be putting in some long days at Thorton, helping with the store closing.  Seeings how they will pay overtime, and mileage, might as well cash in.  Think there is a Striker Predator suit with my name on it too  ;D

Got 2, new 3 legged chairs that need new home, I already have 2.
Bud

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Oct 31, 2016, 08:04 PM »
Just an FYI, Cabelas just out out there ice gear. a lot of new jigs and lures this year  :o
/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline Pyro Chuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Oct 31, 2016, 10:34 PM »
SLAYER!!! Guess who's in y'all's neck of the woods? Hired on with a company out of Commerce City. Few of our jobs are relatively close to Cherry Creek and Aurora Reservoirs. Going down to Cherry Creek tomorrow after work to give it a look-see.

Pyro

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Nov 01, 2016, 08:56 AM »
SLAYER!!! Guess who's in y'all's neck of the woods? Hired on with a company out of Commerce City. Few of our jobs are relatively close to Cherry Creek and Aurora Reservoirs. Going down to Cherry Creek tomorrow after work to give it a look-see.

Pyro
  Chuck! Hows it going?  Evening is your best bet at both places. Aurora has a closing time.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
« Reply #42 on: Nov 07, 2016, 07:44 AM »
Anbody running a rigid gen 5x on electri set up. Brushless supposed to have 700 pnds trouque. Was thinking of giving it a shot

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 10, 2016, 08:52 AM »
Can't wait for the ice I've had an awesome summer fall so far can't wait for the perch bite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.