Author Topic: Marsh Lake Question  (Read 1191 times)

Offline TwoCan

• IceShanty Rookie
Marsh Lake Question
« on: Aug 26, 2016, 11:12 AM »
Does anybody know where Crane Marsh is in Marsh Lake?

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marsh Lake Question
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2016, 08:03 AM »
Stop at the hunter check in board & trap a map of the property . You cannot get to it by boat from marsh lk

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2016, 12:09 PM »
You have to travel east of the public access on Feather Valley road to the next county road, turn north then it's down the road about 3/4 mile or so on east side of road. If you wanna fish out of a boat, make sure it's a small one, cause you will have to drag it a ways. I think the road is 100 East.

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2016, 01:48 PM »
I thought crane marsh was east of fremont to the north of 120. that flooded area you're referring to on100 was really hot for big gills about 15 years ago but word got out and so did the gills.

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #4 on: Sep 16, 2016, 04:46 AM »
I thought crane marsh was east of fremont to the north of 120. that flooded area you're referring to on100 was really hot for big gills about 15 years ago but word got out and so did the gills.
Cedar Swamp is east of Fremont north of 120. Crane Marsh was a mad house for awhile during winter one year, you couldn't find a spot to park at all at times. The DNR did a weed kill a few years back, and for what ever reason killed all the fish too. They found some huge gills and bass that were killed!!

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2016, 11:01 AM »
Copy that, swamp, marsh,whatever. I remember that winter that the marsh was on fire. One of my buddies pulled some 10"ers out. By the time I got there, there was a lot of old holes but no fish. I heard Marsh lake done well last year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.