Author Topic: ION Announcement Next Week?  (Read 1519 times)

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
ION Announcement Next Week?
« on: Aug 26, 2016, 09:02 AM »
Looks like ION ice augers has a big announcement next week based on a video they posted on their facebook page yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/electriciceauger/

I've loved my ION, can't wait to see if they are making improvements on a new version or what else they might be releasing.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ION Announcement Next Week?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2016, 09:36 AM »
I was wondering if the new XC5 battery would be compatible with the previous gen IONs and it is :). It does have a pretty steep price tag, however if you are an ION owner looking to purchase a replacement or second battery it might be worth looking into. The new battery is a 5Ah and the previous gen battery is a 3Ah.

I'm happy about this new battery as I absolutely love my ION but was really holding off on getting a second battery until a higher capacity unit was available!

As far as the new auger goes, I could take it or leave it. IMHO I find the last gen cuts and breaks through really smooth and personally I would not use the new lighting feature(I assume it can be disabled though), it's neat but its the principal of the matter. LEDS are super efficient, and most likely their power draw is negligible but it would hurt my spirit to know those contributing to the auger battery consumption when I could just wear a headlamp. Maybe I just haven't had enough coffee this morning  ;).

Cheers!

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2016, 03:32 PM »

I'm happy about this new battery as I absolutely love my ION but was really holding off on getting a second battery until a higher capacity unit was available!

+1 !!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2016, 12:26 PM »
I was hoping they redesigned the whole thing into something faster.  :(
Don

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2016, 02:22 PM »
I got an ION this past season and love it.  I like the idea of the 5a battery.  Need to find out if compatible with the older IONs.  Only 4 months till I can use it again

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2016, 02:32 PM »
I got an ION this past season and love it.  I like the idea of the 5a battery.  Need to find out if compatible with the older IONs.  Only 4 months till I can use it again

The XC5 battery(5Ah) is compatible with older ION augers :).

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2016, 06:59 AM »
I have been searching the earth for the last two days trying to find out when they are releasing this new battery??? Does anybody know? Thank you in advance for your time!!!

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2016, 08:08 AM »
I bought an Ion last year and it has proven time again to have more than enough power for a days fishing for me and my buddy. I guess that new high capacity  battery would be more suited for you guys up north that are cutting through much thicker ice than I am here in Sw Iowa. Is my thinking wrong?
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2016, 08:30 AM »
I bought an Ion last year and it has proven time again to have more than enough power for a days fishing for me and my buddy. I guess that new high capacity  battery would be more suited for you guys up north that are cutting through much thicker ice than I am here in Sw Iowa. Is my thinking wrong?

Your thinking is sound. IMO it depends on your fishing style/ who your fishing with, some guys will punch 100 holes in 4" of ice and some people will punch 10 in 3ft. or Vise versa.

I just moved from Canada to the US a few months ago, last ice season up there I was doing roughly between 20-25 holes in 36in of ice on a single charge, being diligent to keep the battery as warm as possible. That was not enough holes for me and a buddy running and gunning so we bring a backup auger when the ice gets thick .

But you are right, where there is thicker ice this battery would shine. Cheers

Offline wiel0059

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Sep 01, 2016, 11:46 AM »
I have been searching the earth for the last two days trying to find out when they are releasing this new battery??? Does anybody know? Thank you in advance for your time!!!

Just in case you haven't seen it - full details on the battery here: http://www.ioniceaugers.com/battery-xc5

Exact release date wasn't announced but retailers will have them when they set-up their ice gear in the next month or so here. Probably available online even before then.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2016, 10:02 PM »
Might need to pick one of these up for this season, but damn $200 for a battery.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2016, 10:45 AM »
The battery for lithium Lazer is 249... So it's in range! Batteries aren't cheap, I wonder if it's got the juice!

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2016, 01:12 PM »
for comparison purposes, the original Ion spare battery cost around $115 at the end of year clearance prices...I'd guess the X5 would drop down to around the $130-$140 mark...

Offline ayvexp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2016, 01:41 PM »
It says on the website that the new battery is backwards compatible. 

http://www.ioniceaugers.com/battery-xc5

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2016, 06:53 PM »
It says on the website that the new battery is backwards compatible. 

http://www.ioniceaugers.com/battery-xc5

Sounds like the PoliticallyCorrect term for a TransGender battery.
Leave Some For Seed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.