Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Aug 22, 2017, 02:34 PM
Click here to order with free shipping.

Team Iceshanty Patches! Most iceshanty boards are represented

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?

Author Topic: Inverter Generators.  (Read 4154 times)

Shack man Shoney

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict

Re: Inverter Generators.
« Reply #80 on: Nov 19, 2016, 05:23 AM »
Where did you get the BERGS system?

Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Team Iowa!
« Reply #81 on: Nov 19, 2016, 07:17 AM »
http://www.genxdirect.com

A guy could make one easy enough if you can find/buy just the cap for the generator you have.

Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Team Iowa!
« Reply #82 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:30 PM »
Camped out in my Ice Castle at my mother in laws this weekend. Tested out the champion generator, it was cold and a snow/sleet out. Champion ran great ran my ice castle just fine. eco mode worked great and kicked up and down when the fridge and funace blower kicked on. Guess I'll see how it goes this winter.

Idahogator

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

• Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #83 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Where did you get the BERGS system?

I wont ignore your question, Shoney.     ;)2

Here's a link to the cap and hose: Click here

And here's a link to the kit with tank: Click here

Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Team Iowa!
« Reply #84 on: Dec 20, 2016, 11:08 PM »
Just a little update.

Head out to Upper Red Lake Sunday morning with the Ice Castle and Generator. Got to JR's Access at around 4:30 and there was 14.5in of ice. JR's acess was  letting out 8x16 wheel houses and 1500 pickups. Got out to about 9-10 ft of water was east of the rock pile a bit.  We drove about 8 hours up in around -25*F temps with the champion generator in the truck box. I was a little worried it might not start and might need warmed up in the truck or something. I pulled it out of the back of the truck box, and it started and ran on the second pull. I ran 10% ethonol blend no problem. The eco mode kicked up and down like it should when the mini fridge and furnace blower kicked in and adjust to the watt draw like it should with no issues. It ran like it should zero issues. I did have the top of the line synthetic oil in it though.

Now we ran it from 4:30 Sunday night to about 9AM on Monday. Temps changed from around -25*F to about 14*F. Sunday night sleeping on the ice was pretty crazy. It was about the loudest and most cracking I'd heard on the ice ever. We planned to stay until Wednesday morning. Well that changed quick. i was just getting ready to throw in a breakfast pizza while drinking our freshly made coffee. Then it just stared cracking loud and louder and louder.....I was like **censored**? is a truck or something driving by. So I opened the shack door to check.........OMG about 30ft or so from the shack the Ice started to heave up about 3ft high and the ice castle just shook like hell. The three of us ran out of the shack and watched a "Breaker" occur wondering if the shack and truck were gonna go in the water. A big crack from the main breaker shot under our shack and water shot up it, but the crack didn't seperate/open. To the shack north of us it just missed catching the back end of a guys truck. Another shack by us had a 2 foot wide crack occur under there I shack, it almost got there generator which was 6in from going in.

Since none of us had ever experianced a breaker or anything like it right outside out shack like that we were pretty nervous. Especially since we were kinda pushing it with an 8x16 wheel house and a 1500 truck. So we scrambled and loaded up the stuff and found a way back to the main road and around the cracked open breaker. Once we got back to shore we went in to see what JR's position was. They closed down and weren't letting anyone out or back out for two hours until they could acess the situation. After some debate, we ended up leaving and driving 8hrs home.

Does anyone think we over reacted driving home? I'm really thinking we did, and if the breaker would have happened 100yards away or more vs 20ft and seeing the ice raise 3ft we would have just kept fishing.

Thoughts?

Whopper Stopper

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic

« Reply #85 on: Dec 21, 2016, 04:30 AM »
Been there, had that happen to me about ten years ago. You have to go with what was in your gut, I chose to stick it out when it happened to me, it is definitely unnerving. I didn't at the time have a house as big as yours so that was a plus in my case, also the bite at the time was fantastic.

There was a guy in a portable that had the ridge go right through directly under him throwing him 15 feet from where he was fishing. He has never been back lol

Under the circumstances you probably made the right choice. Getting stuck on the wrong side of the sheet could have been a disaster.

WS

UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #86 on: Dec 21, 2016, 04:42 AM »
Happened to us on LOW several years ago. Tilted the sleeper we were in.  :o We stayed. The bite after the tilt was fantastic.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Team Iowa!
« Reply #87 on: Jun 17, 2017, 11:58 PM »
Just a little update for guys. I ran across a pretty beat up Honda eu2000i and got it bought for $200. I then ordered parts off the net and fixed it up and got it running. Purrs like a kitten.

I did some test and ran it next to my champion 2000. All I can say is they are both great units, and both took what I threw at them. If someone is looking to save a few bucks, I wouldn't be afraid of the champion.

Now I just gotta sell or trade one of these so I can get a matching pair to parallel.

Also, just a heads up. The extended run gas cap, oil drain tube, and magnetic oil dip stick are must haves for these units. I'm supprised just how many fines these magnetic dip sticks pic up.

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved