The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cabin Fever (summer verson)  (Read 638 times)

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
Cabin Fever (summer verson)
« on: Aug 17, 2016, 03:35 PM »
Went out today and opened up my ice shanties. I had put dryer sheets and moth balls in both of them. Damned mice got into one and chewed 2 small holes. Used Gorilla Tape to fix them (one piece of tape inside and one outside). Power washed them both down to get rid of the shanty funk smell. Fired up the Lazer Mag auger on the 2nd pull. I'm hopeful that the weather guys are right about the LaNina forecast for this winter. All I need now is some new blades for the auger and to get it all loaded up in the Argo come ice season.

Offline DJMiller

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cabin Fever (summer verson)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2016, 02:53 PM »
Yup the wife's ready to punch me with all the ice fishing talk lately. I'm ready that's for sure. Pulled out my shanty as well and pulled all my old line of my rods. Bought some stuff at the very end of year last year I never got to use. Gotta do a new bucket mod for my vexilar. Not sure I'll be here this ice season though. We may be moving to about 15 minutes from lake of the woods so I'm pretty excited about that.

Offline steeliebob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cabin Fever (summer verson)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Ready to go tomorrow (wishing) all is ready in the garage. Just grab the bucket, auger, and tie some spawn bags. Fishing for steelhead. Last year I had a 3 fish limit 27 pounds in the first hour on the first trip. The go to spot was hot but the ice was so thin I did not venture to much.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.