Author Topic: seagur abrizix ice vs trilene fluorocarbon ice  (Read 799 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
seagur abrizix ice vs trilene fluorocarbon ice
« on: Aug 16, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Anyone ever compare/ use these lines in the real world? I have been using seagur abrazix ice  but am curious about the trilene floro ice. Anyone have any experience with the trilene?
Salmonemia

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
Re: seagur abrizix ice vs trilene fluorocarbon ice
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2016, 10:06 AM »
Take this for what it is worth. I like to experiment with new and "better" even if it seems gimmicky, I will run it once for my own knowledge... but I have tried the Trilene pro grade flouro (not the "ICE") and it is terrible, even in the summer. It is so stiff (I was using 10lb) it comes uncoiled from the spool (spinning reel) every time I let line out (ice fishing) or cast it out (open water), and I wasn't over spooled with line either. Im not sure if this issue is isolated to just this pro grade type of flouro, or if all trilene flouro stinks.

You might want to think about trilene MICRO ICE line. I have had the most success (by far) with this. I liked it so much, when one of our local sporting good stores was clearing their winter inventory this spring, I bought every spool they had off the shelf. IT is tough, and it loves cold weather, and is sensitive, low memory too.

Chasing Ice

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Thanks for the information. I use micro ice also on my jig rods and warm water tip ups. I use floro on my bow and laker traps. Thanks for your input
Salmonemia

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2016, 08:23 AM »
 I have tried a lot of things ..also in the way of experimentation... I always go back to Cortland camouflage. It's not floro carbon but I have great luck with it..it has thin diameter and is tough as nails..when I do run floro I use Seaguar.. mainly because I've used it in the salt..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Thanks Joe I just went with 6lb seagur abrazix ice line. eBay has some good deals on it.
Salmonemia

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2016, 12:56 PM »
the 100% fluoro ice from Berkley is good stuff - I use the 3lb quite a bit for jigging crappie and gills without any issues.

Catchin' Fish

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2016, 08:15 PM »
I have tried a lot of things ..also in the way of experimentation... I always go back to Cortland camouflage. It's not floro carbon but I have great luck with it..it has thin diameter and is tough as nails..when I do run floro I use Seaguar.. mainly because I've used it in the salt..

Cortland camo is great stuff...I use it both on my ice and summer reels, like you Roccus I always end up going back to it
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2016, 09:37 PM »
I used to use the seaguar labels 6&8lb tests but for whatever reason? I'd occasionally get a bad spool... Sometimes every 2nd or 3rd one where I would find a weak spot in the line and couldn't tie a knot that wouldnt snap?

Got frustrating so I switched to P Line 100% Flouro carbon and have had good success with that.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2016, 08:17 AM »
I used to use the seaguar labels 6&8lb tests but for whatever reason? I'd occasionally get a bad spool... Sometimes every 2nd or 3rd one where I would find a weak spot in the line and couldn't tie a knot that wouldnt snap?

Got frustrating so I switched to P Line 100% Flouro carbon and have had good success with that.
thanks Keith I had already ordered the seagur, Ill look into P line, I use their 2lb cx premium that is great for light tackle jigging.
Salmonemia

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2016, 04:48 PM »
Towards the end of one of the many, many Seaguar spools I've used I had the same symptoms Keith experienced with bad/broken knots trying to tie them.
Tossed it and haven't had any issues since or before.

I was a huge fan of the Cortland camo for years. Then I wasn't happy, even with the "soft".

Haven't tried it on the ice, but I love the Hi Seas Quatro for the fresh and salty soft water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.