Author Topic: Marcum Tech software update  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum Tech software update
« on: Aug 16, 2016, 10:53 AM »
So I talked with a guy from Marcum today and he told me the following. The next update for the lx-6,7,and 9 will be available this fall. The update is going to offer some performance improvements particularly in the shallow water area. They are doing away with open water and ice fishing mode and it will simply be Gain 1 and Gain 2. They are doing this to eliminate some confusion as some users did not want to use open water mode for shallow ice fishing because they were ice fishing and open water mode did not make sense to them. They are also going to be adding an additional simulation mode that will be an actual ice fishing simulation. As of right now the simulator shows an open water simulation which is why it doesn't look or react very well with the flasher dial. Looking forward to the update, marcum sure has been busy!

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum Tech software update
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2016, 02:47 PM »
Thanks for the information, there are many people who have been anticipating this update for quite some time. Cheers

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2016, 08:52 AM »
its fall... anyone got any news on when they are gonna release the update?

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2016, 09:03 AM »
Click on their website on the sponsor section. It looks like they may be available! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2016, 09:07 AM »
was hoping, but nothing new. thanks anyway. maybe you saw some thing i don't.

http://marcumtech.com/~marcum/lx-9-firmware

http://marcumtech.com/upgrades/

do you have a link that shows them?

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2016, 09:16 AM »
This is all I found.     http://marcumtech.com/upgrades/?id=10
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2016, 09:21 AM »
new firmware updates are not there yet as of 10-23-16

they do have them, but they won't release them for us to do yet. units going in come out with the new firmware.

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2016, 09:29 AM »
I guess all you can do is wait, or give them a call and see if you can find out when they'll issue a release of the updates.

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2016, 11:48 AM »
Just got doinked in an email, the new updates are here! Yay!

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Awesome. I will be updating tonight. Just checked yesterday and didnt see them there so these updates are FRESH! Awesome news! LX-7 FTW

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Does anyone have a change log for the new update? Just wondering what they have changed exactly. I have updated and seen the ice mode simulator and I see they have done away with the ice and open water modes. Everything else must be under the hood improvements.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2016, 06:58 PM »
that's great news!

they said they had the shallow water issue fixed and that was the main reason for the update.
no update for the lx9 tho. the lx9 needs more tweaks so hopefully that's why it's not ready yet.
weird how they made an updated firmware with out ice!? no ice was the hold up for not releasing the update for so long.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:44 AM »
found out they still have two and a half foot missing after this new update that was said by them to have fixed that issue.
http://blog.iceforce.com/news/software-update-improves-marcum-digital-sonar-performance-in-shallow-and-deep-water/

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=334023.msg3539070#msg3539070
mode 1 was ice mode and mode 2 was open water mode, but supposedly some were complaining it shouldn't have an open water mode for ice, but it is an open water sonar also. so they got rid of names for the modes to keep it simple.
the "work around" was to use open water mode for shallow water to see your jig in two and half feet under the ducer. now, it's still two and half feet under the ducer so no fix and just a rename of modes it would appear. not good.

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 27, 2016, 07:02 PM »
Would like to do the new firmware upgrade, but I'm not to tec savey can anyone send me a link to the usb cable I need.
I know it's a 2.0 port and 2.0 cable bot there are different ends(micro, mini).

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Oct 27, 2016, 07:17 PM »
Would like to do the new firmware upgrade, but I'm not to tec savey can anyone send me a link to the usb cable I need.

http://marcumtech.com/lx-7-firmware
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Oct 27, 2016, 07:38 PM »

You need the mini. It's super easy. It's easier than the video even haha. Takes 10 min if that

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NH13S44/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477615147&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=mini+usb+cable&dpPl=1&dpID=41Y5UbfdtcL&ref=plSrch

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 27, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Full size USB on one end and mini on the other.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.