Author Topic: Marcum price increase?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum price increase?
« on: Aug 11, 2016, 08:15 AM »
Looks like the Lx series of digital ice systems from Marcum have went up in price. Looks to be $30 across the board. Between Gander mountain, cabelas, and bass pro. GM is the only place that is still advertising it online so if someone if looking to get one before season they may want to order one now before all of the general retailers increase their prices too. Just a friendly heads up.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Marcum price increase?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:12 AM »
marcum told me they were working on a better transducer cable. maybe that's why the increase. i see they have been busy all summer with their new items and getting the rt9 and recon 5 on the market too.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:26 AM »
marcum told me they were working on a better transducer cable. maybe that's why the increase. i see they have been busy all summer with their new items and getting the rt9 and recon 5 on the market too.

What is wrong with the current transducer cable? Did they say what they would be improving about it?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:39 AM »
it's soft. many are cutting it with their fishing lines and jamming into the case cutting it where the cable comes out of the cone.
marcum explains how to fish it in the manual by only having just an inch or so in the water. makes landing fish much easier too. so the cuts are from people who fish it under the ice or not pulling it to land fish. a blue gill won't cut it unless your trying to get a cut in it.

humminbird ice55 is softer tho for what it's worth.

Offline Caseman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2016, 01:49 PM »
How would 1 know if it's the updated unit.  I see even the prices on amazon got upped

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:35 PM »
i don't know if they did improve the cable yet or not. if they did, that may why theres an increase in price. it maybe just a price increase w/o changing a thing.
i hope they did improve the cable like they said they were going to do.

Offline Caseman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12, 2016, 03:13 AM »
Do you work with or marcum?

You seem to know alot about them.     

I am going to be in the market for a lx6 or lx7 to replace my ice55.  I just have to wait for the right price.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:08 AM »
no affiliation what's so ever.

i like what they make for us enough to talk about their products and support them and talk to them. they are nice people to deal with and supportive and they enjoy ice fishing like the rest of us do. they do read these posts, i'm told.
just call them if you want to talk about their products. when they are not busy they do like to talk about ice fishing and their products.
i have helped to sell quite a few lx6&7 units and helped a lot of great folks on here.
i'll shoot you a pm.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.