Author Topic: Marcum rt9  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Caseman

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum rt9
« on: Aug 06, 2016, 08:58 AM »
From the little research I did on this unit looks like they have been working on this for a few years.

I personally have been waiting for this unit.  BUT I think I will pass. For now.... At least wait for more details in the specs of this  hopefully not the same tablet from 2 years ago.

$1700 !

http://www.rapala.com/marcum/gps-sonar-camera/rt-9-sonar-gps-combo/rt-9-sonar-gps-combo/RT9-CMB.html?cgid=marcum-gpsSonarCamera-RT9Combo&start=1

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Marcum rt9
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2016, 09:29 AM »
the only reason to have it is for the gps. so if that's not important to have it "built in" then go with the lx9 that does it all except for the gps.
i have too many gps units now to want to buy yet another one.

1200$ for the lx9 retail and they offer the open water transducer for it (much cheaper in cost) like the rt9.
so an extra 500$ for the gps is steep and so are the individual modules compared to the same components/replacements parts for their top sonars and cameras. they use the same hardware for those components.

an example is the lx9 camera replacement is 250$ while the camera for the rt9 is 600$ so now you have 2300$ in the rt9 to have their camera that comes with the 1200$ lx9. so 1100$  more to have a gps equivalent to the lx9 is a bit much. hope you don't nick that cable too many times!

the good news is others will follow their lead and make android based fish finders that are not junk like the they are now. just like marcum is following aqua-vu on their recon cameras now.
more choices for us are always welcomed, but cost is key.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2016, 06:40 AM »
You are missing the most important reason for ownership of the rt-9 ----  I "want" it.   :P ;D @)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2016, 09:22 AM »
I'm sure the RT9 will attract some buyers, especially those that fish big water with Navionics, etc. but for the small water fishers, I don't see the unit flying off the shelves.  Especially at that price point.  I love the latest gadgets as much as the next guy, but my beancounter's cost/benefit analysis on the RT9 says Uh-uh.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Mudslide

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2016, 01:58 AM »
I sure hope they made the RT9 sunlight viewable, otherwise it will be practically useless outside of a tent and I won't buy one. I see Aqua View has a new camera that is sunlight viewable. It's the way of the future.
[img width=257 height=80]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc495/gert27/Stcroix-1-1.jpg[img width=257 height=80]

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:30 AM »
I sure hope they made the RT9 sunlight viewable, otherwise it will be practically useless outside of a tent and I won't buy one. I see Aqua View has a new camera that is sunlight viewable. It's the way of the future.

Judging by the fact that it's most likely a low end android tablet in that over molded case I bet it will be difficult to see in direct sunlight.

Offline Caseman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:42 AM »
This^^

That's why I want specs of the actual tablet.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #7 on: Aug 11, 2016, 05:07 PM »
I definitely would not buy without seeing and touching first.  ;)

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Im wondering how responsive the touchscreen will be in the cold, if its a capacitive touch like most Android/iOS tablets it may be a huge pain on those frosty days and wont work very well with gloves. Its a cool idea though, I'm curious to hear how they work for those who take the plunge.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:20 AM »
it's designed to work with gloves on.

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2016, 12:36 PM »
it's designed to work with gloves on.

I agree it says that in the spec, which is interesting for a capactive, multi-touch display. I cant wait to see it in action!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.