Author Topic: whats new for 2016/2017 meaning new gear???  (Read 25517 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: whats new for 2016/2017 meaning new gear???
« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2016, 12:41 PM »
The new improved Kenai pro thermal sounds nice,  I bought 1 last year and really like it , The new one is all black , the sun will help warm things up and cut down on propane use

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:21 AM »

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:58 AM »
Not trying to convince you to buy the Otter, I don't care what shack you use. But $500 for an ice shack is nothing, if you are going to use it a lot. I use my one man 35+ trips per year. So after a couple years the higher quality is apparent.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Aug 12, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Just saw this on FB. Clam is coming out with a full thermal Hunting Blind/Hub Ice Shelter. Been looking for a Hub shelter and could use a blind for Turkey hunting in the spring. Definitely going to check this one out.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/quick-set-by-clam/bigfoot-hunter-camo-ground-blind.html

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Aug 12, 2016, 02:53 PM »
I can't disclose any thing yet but can give hints. there is going to be a fair amount of new items and one real game changer in my opinion that is coming out. I can talk more about the new products after August 25th. let's just say start saving your pennies because there is some good stuff coming out this year.

Oh my gosh you are killing me here!!! So if you can give hints how many new / revised ice traps can we plan on seeing?? Please!  ;D

Not trying to convince you to buy the Otter, I don't care what shack you use. But $500 for an ice shack is nothing, if you are going to use it a lot. I use my one man 35+ trips per year. So after a couple years the higher quality is apparent.

I understand where you are coming from completely. I would honestly need to compare the two side by side to make a decision. What Otter do you have? XT Hideout?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Aug 13, 2016, 06:34 AM »
Bass pro is already showing the new Kenai pro thermal

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Aug 13, 2016, 10:42 AM »
I have the xt 1200 Cottage. It is great. Thorne Bros has it for $519 right now.  That's 20% off msrp.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline SlimShanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Aug 13, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Bass pro is already showing the new Kenai pro thermal

Do you have a link for that or is it just in-store?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Aug 15, 2016, 10:30 AM »
Some 2016/2017 shelters are up now on the Clam site.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017.html

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Aug 15, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Some 2016/2017 shelters are up now on the Clam site.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017.html

I can't give details but yes that is just some of the new houses this year. this wasn't suppose to go live until the 25th so someone slipped up in the office.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Aug 15, 2016, 06:25 PM »

I can't give details but yes that is just some of the new houses this year. this wasn't suppose to go live until the 25th so someone slipped up in the office.

How does the new kenai stealth get heavier tent material, tube light, overhead storage, and a battery bracket and it doesn't gain a single pound. Same weight as last year's kenai pro thermal. Did something get downgraded to lower quality?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Aug 17, 2016, 03:10 AM »
How does the new kenai stealth get heavier tent material, tube light, overhead storage, and a battery bracket and it doesn't gain a single pound. Same weight as last year's kenai pro thermal. Did something get downgraded to lower quality?

it does not get that. that listing you seen is wrong. it comes with the same stuff as the Kenai pro from last year (corner console and hammock under the seat, same material thickness). the heavier material and light stick and overhead storage is on another model (just can't say which one yet). The only difference between last years Kenai pro thermal and this is the new black color. the Kenai Pro Thermal with the cracked ice print material is still offered this year too. 

Offline OIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Aug 17, 2016, 07:38 AM »
New Tungsten:(also heard everything will be from $.89 to $1.99 this year.
http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/heavy-metal-epoxy-kuu-tungsten-jig/

New Rods:
Extreme Taper Ice Rod - http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/new-arrivals/ice-hopper-extreme-taper-rod/
Flat Line II -http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/new-arrivals/ice-hopper-flat-line-ii-ice-fishing-rod/
Whole bunch of new stuff from No8 Tackle aka 13 Fishing other company

New Reels:
Tight Line Pro: http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/hwi-tight-line-pro-reel/
13 Fishing Free Fall - http://www.13fishing.com/freefall/

Cleats aka Creepers:
http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/ice-hopper-creepers/

I just seen this video posted last night going over a bunch of new stuff at Sportsmen's Direct. I love having a bad ass ice fishing shop down the street form my house like this.
=5m40s

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:05 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Aug 17, 2016, 01:02 PM »
it does not get that. that listing you seen is wrong. it comes with the same stuff as the Kenai pro from last year (corner console and hammock under the seat, same material thickness). the heavier material and light stick and overhead storage is on another model (just can't say which one yet). The only difference between last years Kenai pro thermal and this is the new black color. the Kenai Pro Thermal with the cracked ice print material is still offered this year too.

So just because its black we have to pay $400 vs $350? that seems like a rip off to me. I could understand the extra money if we got heavier material, light, battery bracket, and overhead storage. I'm also wondering how that listing is wrong when its on clams website that way.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Aug 17, 2016, 01:04 PM »
This is off clams website

KENAI PRO THERMAL STEALTH - 1 MAN W/ BASIC SEAT
Model #: 10130
MSRP: $399.99

The Kenai Pro Thermal took the industry by storm last year. To further its legacy we have put together the best sight fishing one person shelter on the market. The NEW Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth combines proven features with the darkness that the die hard sight fisherman needs. New Fish Trap® features such as overhead mesh storage and a Mini Tube Light accessory puts the finishing touches on this model. Enjoy the comforts, design and ideal darkness to sight fish this winter…check out the Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Aug 17, 2016, 06:45 PM »
And besides all that it will draw warmth from the sun , being black
Clam has certainly come a long ways , from the very first flip they made which I also owned back in the day ,

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Aug 17, 2016, 07:49 PM »
This is off clams website

KENAI PRO THERMAL STEALTH - 1 MAN W/ BASIC SEAT
Model #: 10130
MSRP: $399.99

The Kenai Pro Thermal took the industry by storm last year. To further its legacy we have put together the best sight fishing one person shelter on the market. The NEW Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth combines proven features with the darkness that the die hard sight fisherman needs. New Fish Trap® features such as overhead mesh storage and a Mini Tube Light accessory puts the finishing touches on this model. Enjoy the comforts, design and ideal darkness to sight fish this winter…check out the Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth!

I just looked at my copy of this years catalog and the added stuff is not listed in the description for this model but is on another model (will name on the 25th). the difference in price probably comes from the fact that the new Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth uses an new type of thermal material and the process that is used to make it is different then the other thermal house that Clam makes. the new material doesn't allow light to pass through even at the seams like the regular thermal material does. will explain more on the 25th.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Aug 17, 2016, 07:52 PM »
I just looked at my copy of this years catalog and the added stuff is not listed in the description for this model but is on another model (will name on the 25th). the difference in price probably comes from the fact that the new Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth uses an new type of thermal material and the process that is used to make it is different then the other thermal house that Clam makes. the new material doesn't allow light to pass through even at the seams like the regular thermal material does. will explain more on the 25th.

I guess we will see. Does this new thermal material retain heat better?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Aug 17, 2016, 08:21 PM »
I guess we will see. Does this new thermal material retain heat better?

I haven't seen this in person yet but I have to believe the heat retention will be at least the same or slightly better but the big difference is that there is not welding in this new fabric. the regular thermal houses have the fabric that is sonically welded(the quilted look) thus allowing light to pass through the fabric but this new fabric does not have the sonic welding thus stopping light from passing through which is better when sight fishing. I am not working the MN state fair where this will be unveiled on the 25th but I will see it in October when I attend the yearly staff meeting. I am free to talk about the new stuff  for this year on that day. I plan to have a lengthy post on all of it on the 25th. I have been studying the new catalog for this year and noted all the new things. let's just say it is going to be a fair amount of new products.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Aug 24, 2016, 11:45 PM »
Me like!!

Finally a gear reduction auger adapter for electric drills!!!

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/8-drill-auger-conversion-kit-combo-w-hand-auger-geared-adapter.html

2/1 ratio.. 8 inch holes all day!!!

Wonder how much for everything but the drill and auger blade?

<°)))>{

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Aug 25, 2016, 12:46 AM »
Me like!!

Finally a gear reduction auger adapter for electric drills!!!

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/8-drill-auger-conversion-kit-combo-w-hand-auger-geared-adapter.html

2/1 ratio.. 8 inch holes all day!!!

Wonder how much for everything but the drill and auger blade?

<°)))>{

now that it is technically the 25th (after midnight here in Minnesota) and Clam has the what is new for 2016/2017 section live on their web page I can give details about this now and answer your question. so here it is, since based on your question you don't have a drill plate already the cost for just the plate and the gear box will be as follows : MSRP on the plate is $69.99 and the MSRP on the gear box is also $69.99. For those that already have the plate and would like to add this gear box to their plate please note that the gear box will only fit the plate were you don't remove the chuck from the drill (so basically last years plate which is also the same this year). this is also offered in a complete kit(plate, gear box, & 8 inch auger)  minus the drill and the MSRP on this is $249.99

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Aug 25, 2016, 12:58 AM »
Thanks for the quick answer!!!

The gear box seems a little bit steep for $70.. But what it does is almost priceless...

Looking forward to the hardwater!!

<°)))>{

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Aug 25, 2016, 01:18 AM »
Thanks for the quick answer!!!

The gear box seems a little bit steep for $70.. But what it does is almost priceless...

Looking forward to the hardwater!!

<°)))>{

remember the price I quoted is MSRP. there is always a chance  the big box stores will sell it just under MSRP plus there will also be sales to during the season. don't forget there will be discounts at all the large ice fishing shows too.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Aug 25, 2016, 01:23 AM »
now that it is technically the 25th (after midnight here in Minnesota) and Clam has the what is new for 2016/2017 section live on their web page...

Any idea on if/when product videos will be up on youtube? I'm pretty curious as to how the new vista link hubs link together for one thing, also interested in seeing some of the other products "in action"! And thank you Clam for coming out with a tungsten jig with a larger hook size!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Aug 25, 2016, 01:37 AM »
Any idea on if/when product videos will be up on youtube? I'm pretty curious as to how the new vista link hubs link together for one thing, also interested in seeing some of the other products "in action"! And thank you Clam for coming out with a tungsten jig with a larger hook size!

not sure about when they will hit you tube but to try and answer your question. the vista link hubs (both non thermal and the thermal model)will have a zipper where this link piece can be zipped on to each house.

here is the link to the link piece : 
http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/hub-link-accessory.html

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Aug 25, 2016, 01:55 AM »
not sure about when they will hit you tube but to try and answer your question. the vista link hubs (both non thermal and the thermal model)will have a zipper where this link piece can be zipped on to each house.

here is the link to the link piece : 
http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017/hub-link-accessory.html
Thanks Monticatgeek. I guess what I was wondering was will that be somewhat similar to the old trap-link system they used on the older fishtrap/suitcase style that utilized the traplink system? I know it most likely isn't a round type of linkup, but just wondering how big, i.e. can you move freely between the two houses? Also, this thought just came to mind, but can you link more than 2 houses together?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.