Author Topic: Off season builds  (Read 1069 times)

Offline infamusc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard water fanatic
Off season builds
« on: Jul 18, 2016, 06:19 PM »
Is anyone doing any off season builds? sleds? Atv riggs?? I did alot last year and it busted my bubble and motivation after the warm winter. I want to get excited again . please share your projects.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Off season builds
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2016, 05:07 AM »
nope, no builds here. Everything is ready and waiting for mid December! The weather guru's are saying a cold winter with moderate snowfall and I'm holding them to it!

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2016, 07:34 PM »
Saltwater fishing like a nut and picking out gear for overnight ice camping......

Offline jm1986

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2016, 11:35 PM »
no builds here either.. i am anxiously waiting for fall. the weather starts getting cold, the ice starts building. and a plus for me. i got a new job that is shift work so i am able to fish this winter both day and night. hoping for a great night bite!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2016, 06:01 PM »
been playing with the idea of a portable take apart with allen key screws  ice shack  so it would be about 36 inch  by 72 inch and about 60 inch tall  about 8 sections you assemble on the ice... floor would be ply-wood, sides LuAnn or a little thinker ply type wood with foam insulation like pink or green board foam all self contained... so I can either assemble it on the ice or disassemble it  to fit in the car to get it home  at end of year.. most of the frame  will be made with 2x2 furing strips  planning to assemble it together with hurricane nuts in the wood and just slide the screws with washer  in and tighten it all up with a allen wrench's or even the chuck of a drill with a allen key in it... might save time and space when storing for summer...  but just worried we will not have good ice so I set the plans aside for now...   not sure how light it would be like if using luann and furring strips would be to light and make it a kite on the ice or a giant dangerous tumble weed if not in it... will see only time will tell if I decide to build it....

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2016, 06:10 AM »
Praying for good ice this year got the hard side built  ready to go we just need the ice

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2016, 05:48 AM »
no builds but gear is ready atv is ready hope we have ice

Offline cutler331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2016, 08:38 AM »
I plan on going thru everything this weekend. I may upgrade the sled with some PVC for rod holders to keep them separate from the tip ups I keep in a bag. Also, might throw in LED lights on the sled / battery spot for the night bite. Anyone have any ideas ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.