Author Topic: How's Your Summer Going?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
How's Your Summer Going?
« on: Jun 24, 2016, 11:16 AM »
Just checking in......how's everyone's summer going? How's the bite in your area? I'm just getting warmed up......catfish bite has been good on the Mississippi River........
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: How's Your Summer Going?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2016, 01:02 PM »
catfishing here also.my buddy caught a 40# flathead a few weekends ago it  was pretty big for MI.im working on my livewell on my boat to keep my catfish bait alive the bucket and bubbler is not cutting it in this heat.not even my mino mizer is keeping my gills alive.i did get into some large schools of speck in 20 ft of water  and kept a few for the pan.yuck they were super mushy.im not panfishing again till winter.cant wait for freezing cold as I hate the summer months.

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2016, 08:14 AM »
I've learned about bass fishing this summer.  More specifically, smallmouth.  It has been a riot!!  My buddy Rick got me going on his boat almost every weekend now, and we always catch something.  Smallmouth, pike, and walleye are the usual suspects, but I'm loving the bass fishing.  Smallies on a fly rod have always been my favorite, but learning how to catch them with spinning / baitcast tackle has been a lot of fun.

It's nothing like fishing on the hard water of course, but it is still a good time for sure!
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2016, 04:50 PM »
It's HOT and I HATE it!! Bring on the ICE!!!!!

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2016, 08:57 PM »
It's HOT and I HATE it!! Bring on the ICE!!!!!

HAHA!!!  THIS!!!!!^^^^
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2016, 04:57 AM »
       Rough sledding !!! ::)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2016, 06:04 AM »

Yeah! It's hard ice fishing in this weather! :roflmao:

IW

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Summer suck's! Just a little over 6 months till nice weather.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Hey Creel-- Come on over in late October / early November, and I'll get ya on fishable ice in the high country!  Absolutely beautiful up there when it ices over!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jun 27, 2016, 10:58 AM »
My summer is going pretty good. I was out this weekend and got a couple crappie and a couple bass. Nothing huge but good eating size. Had a crappie for breakfast this morning ;D

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #10 on: Jun 27, 2016, 03:23 PM »
I parked the bass boat for a few weekends and bought a fishing kayak. I've been having a blast catching trout, crappies, walleyes, and bass. Sometimes I just float around and drink beer. I hate hot weather as much as anyone on here, but the kayak thing has put a fun new twist on the "dog days" of summer for me. Especially senko fishing for bass.The small lakes are withing 10 or 15 minuted from my house so I'm always done and home by 10 or 11, before it gets hot and the heat index gives me skin cancer. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2016, 03:15 AM »
enjoy the yak I'm still in the rubber raft but it works but I got the boot sort of last time out;when Iwas leaving I was told no inflatables are to be used there. Camping helped the summer bummer heat.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2016, 05:28 AM »
royjulius, I'm in a kayak also. I sold my canoe from last year and picked up a Wilderness systems 115. The thing is great and makes the soft water months bearable, lol! Now if I can just get better at dodging that dang honey-do list!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2016, 07:09 AM »
enjoy the yak I'm still in the rubber raft but it works but I got the boot sort of last time out;when Iwas leaving I was told no inflatables are to be used there. Camping helped the summer bummer heat.

That sounds like a ridiculous law. Did they give a reason?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2016, 07:12 AM »
royjulius, I'm in a kayak also. I sold my canoe from last year and picked up a Wilderness systems 115. The thing is great and makes the soft water months bearable, lol! Now if I can just get better at dodging that dang honey-do list!

Awesome. That's a sweet yak. I have a Perception Pescador Pro 100. It's 10'6" and has a stadium style seat. Its really comfy. I had a yak 10 years ago but sold it because it made my tailbone hurt. The newer stuff is so comfy that I decided to get back into one. Great way to spend the time waiting for hardwater!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2016, 07:18 AM »
kayaks have come a long way in the last 10 years. Same as ice fishing with all the new shelters and gadgets you can get.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jun 28, 2016, 07:40 AM »
went n june 20 and had carpel tunnel and arthrtis fixed in my right wrist.they also removed 3 bones and burnt some nerves. not sure yet how long im off work. im so damn bored. 1 of the wrist bones had been broke a few times and was far from its normal shape and caused the other issues and quite a bit of pain. so the boat sits, the old Harley shovelhead sits and here  I sit!  bored  bored bored

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jun 28, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Well ice fishing ended for me early March due to the poor ice conditions and the fact that I had a few appliance mishaps at home that ended up in a insurance claim...water heater flooding being the biggest one!  Of course spring/early summer this is my busiest time of year with work so its been a slow process getting things back together but after this weekend I am finally at the point of moving stuff back into the basement and made the decision that I have way too much stuff and perhaps its time for another garage sale! 
Fishing has been really slow for me.  Been out about 6 times and I have to say the highlights where some nice slab perch that I was able to find during ice out and taking my kids out fishing last week and watching my oldest catch 3 bass on her own without my help!  Getting a little to hot for the 2 year old, so I am thinking it might be time to get a bimmini top for the boat...  Have a trip planned up North at the end of July so maybe I can get into some fish!  Stay cool my friends.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jul 03, 2016, 12:10 PM »
catfishing here also.my buddy caught a 40# flathead a few weekends ago it  was pretty big for MI.im working on my livewell on my boat to keep my catfish bait alive the bucket and bubbler is not cutting it in this heat.not even my mino mizer is keeping my gills alive.i did get into some large schools of speck in 20 ft of water  and kept a few for the pan.yuck they were super mushy.im not panfishing again till winter.cant wait for freezing cold as I hate the summer months.
Ditto on that Doc. I cleaned a small Walleye, a big Perch and 2 nice slabs. The Crappies were pretty bad!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jul 04, 2016, 02:19 PM »
That sounds like a ridiculous law. Did they give a reason?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
  no reason given I'll have to check into if it is true or not

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jul 05, 2016, 12:36 PM »
I went looking for ice the other night when the temps hovered around 45.........lol, no luck
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jul 05, 2016, 05:18 PM »
Ditto on that Doc. I cleaned a small Walleye, a big Perch and 2 nice slabs. The Crappies were pretty bad!

I think I'm getting on board this bandwagon now. It's officially super hot here so the fish are gonna suck. I caught and released some bass and crappie from the yak Sunday. Poor Boner, he just stood in the water up to his chin and watched me til I came back. If I woulda went around the point out of sight he woulda started howling. I think he enjoyed being in the water tho. I woner if he ever figured out that it was the same lake he was running on 6 months ago.... ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Aug 01, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Hot but been fishing out of my kayak as well shooting my bow and waiting for my deer head to get here

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Aug 01, 2016, 07:39 PM »
Been pretty cool all summer around my place. Heading further north above the 47th parallel this weekend in search of Musky. Going to be a good time.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Aug 02, 2016, 02:55 AM »
Took my daughter fishing. Caught some sunfish and bass.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Aug 03, 2016, 10:04 AM »
Been going fine out here.

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline NorthNH603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Aug 03, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Some beautiful fish right there

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27 on: Aug 04, 2016, 01:39 AM »
SlayerFish congratulations on catching some beautiful fish this Summer.
Steve

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Aug 04, 2016, 08:20 AM »
SlayerFish congratulations on catching some beautiful fish this Summer.
Steve

Thx. The last 2 pics were in May!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.