Author Topic: CT Outfitters closed  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Jonesie925

• Team IceShanty Regular
CT Outfitters closed
« on: May 27, 2016, 11:42 AM »
I just drove to CT Outfitters and they were cleaning the store out. Bummer... Sucks to lose good shops with good people. Anyone know when they closed?  ???

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: CT Outfitters closed
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2016, 08:32 PM »
Hmmmm  . Not surprised . It's not an easy market to succeed in . Prices  . Local Competition.  Connecticut  business climate . Online convenance. .  Shrinking  Customer base . Overhead . Utilities . Workman's comp . Ins . Etc etc .

Offline cutler331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2016, 01:49 PM »
I work right up the street. They closed some time in the spring. I feel bad for Gary. I used to go in there once a week. That wild boar crock pot always hit the spot! I reckon because of the bad ice fish season we had. Good luck Gary in all your future endeavors!

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2016, 09:17 PM »
That sucks. I haven't been there much recently because I've been in Jersey the past 10 years but I always liked that shop. Gary's a good dude. He always supported local get togethers by bringing prizes, bait, and some awesome food. Sad to hear the shop is closing.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2016, 04:09 PM »
I wish Gary the best in his next endeavor. He gave as much as he received. Not a lot of guys like that anymore.

Offline TT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2016, 06:53 PM »
There's a new bait and tackle shop in Plainville. Tag's Tackle Box 94 Whiting St. Plainville Ct. Sorry I don't have a phone#.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2016, 07:18 PM »
TT It's 860 846 0943
Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out.

Offline Tmuskie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2016, 12:10 PM »
There's a place in Enfield

Yankee Bait & Tackle
 88 Main Street, Enfield, CT 06082 Directions
 Today 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM All Hours
 +18607415994
There's a hole in the Ice,  Dear Liza, Dear Liza.
There's a hole in the ice, Dear Liza, a hole.

Well fish it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
Well fish it Dear Henry. Dear Henry, Fish it.

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2016, 08:14 AM »
Thanks for the info everyone!
I was a steady customer of Gary's and am sad to see him close shop. Was also wondering where I was going to get bait this year. TT's sounds like the spot. I'll have to stop by and check it out...
Hopefully we'll be hittin the hard water sooner than later! Hope to see some of you out there again!
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline andrew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2016, 09:38 AM »
Just a heads up, The Fishin'Factory 3 in Middletown has a good supply of large Goldens, some of the nicest looking vacuum sealed herring around as well as good size vacuum sealed smelt.  Not to mention four sizes of Arkansas Shiners from small to x-large in stock all the time.  We're here just on the weekends during the off season but I'm around town most days and I'm willing to meet up and help you guys out.  My personal cell phone number is 860-209-6250.  Give me a call if i can help....
*REMOVED*

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:03 PM »
Thanks Andrew.
We have to keep our local tackle guys alive because they are the guys in the know and will take care of you.

Offline andrew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2016, 11:36 AM »
You Know it Curly!  Im sure there is a bunch of guys on this forum that will vouch for the shop when it comes to having the best bait available.
*REMOVED*

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Good shop.  I have been reducing his counts of large goldens and fallfish every weekend.  Tom's interested in doing a CTO style event and I expect he may become a site sponsor for the CT Board soon.

I'm fairly certain that this shop bought most of the tanks and tackle that were at CTO so hopefully they have similar bait to what CTO had.
westernmas on the finder

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2016, 05:17 PM »
sucks about cto..gary even said he had no buisness haveing such an inventory of ice fishing equiptment being in the middle of the state but the few times i made the trip there it was worth it..so where is tom setting up low acc?

Offline TT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2016, 06:00 PM »
94 Whiting St. Plainville   contact info Tom 8608191633 my email is [email protected] thanks

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2016, 10:37 AM »
I myself never thought Gary would close-up shop. Used to go there for free soup Friday& to pick up bait& supplies for the weekends' fishing after work.-Let this be a reminder to us all to hit the little guys first when we want our gear and avoid the big-box outfitters'+proshops': The knowledge, selection, and convenience of having little bait shops across the state to me is priceless.-And most of the guys' prices are comparable to; and in many cases cheaper than the big-box stores. Also in my personal experience; the little guys will work with you if you need an item that's not in stock in their shop. Let the closing of CTO be a lesson to us all to support our local bait&tackle shops+ keep these guys in business if we wish to continue to have them available for our fishing adventures.-

Offline icechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2016, 04:10 PM »
All the more reasons to hit these guys up when we can!-Keep fishin' goin' for all-and good luck on the ice out there this season!-Stay safe all!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.