Author Topic: Humminbird ChartSelect  (Read 862 times)

Offline 4eyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • eyes are king
Humminbird ChartSelect
« on: May 14, 2016, 05:26 PM »
Looking at Humminbird Chart Select for making lake map chips. Wondering if anyone has made there own lake maps and if they thought they were all right. I like that you can do the single lakes and just pay for the ones you use instead of all the lakes in a state or three or four states you never get to. Any thoughts?

Offline Gimper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Humminbird ChartSelect
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:35 AM »
I have Reefmaster software and make my own maps. It's nice cause I fish a lot of lakes under 100 acres and most of those are either not mapped or were mapped a long time ago and are not very accurate. I have a Humminbird ( 998HD SI ) and the only problem with Reefmaster vs. the Humminbird products is I don't get some minor features like 'follow the contour' (which isn't very accurate anyhow and can be done with reefmaster maps if I set up a route and follow that). The maps are also not all pretty with background color, ( if I had a lowrance they would be but Humminbird won't make the code license available to do that), but they show contour lines and that is what I'm after.

I will say Reefmaster isn't super user friendly, so some computer knowledge is helpful. Their tech support is top notch, however.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:27 AM »
i used chart select on a a few spots locally that i wanted before my big chip came.  the only complaint is you can't store multiple chart select maps on 1 card.   

i have not bought the autochart card for my bird but have a bunch of small uncharted bodies of water i fish so hope to eventually.

Offline 4eyeman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • eyes are king
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:46 AM »
Thanks guys for your reply. I downloaded a couple of maps and just waiting to get out and try them. It wasn't as bad of a job as I thought.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 02:59 PM »
I use chart select for the two Mississippi river pools I fish regularly - its nice compared to buying the entire region.

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.